What's your favorite Beatles song?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not a big fan of The Beatles but I do love 'Come Together.'

I love the Beatles, so it was very hard to narrow it down to one song, and the only reason I was able to do that was to tell myself that this is my favorite "today".

GregV814

You know you have 1. So share and tell us why.

I liked their LSD phase better than I did their early 60s pop phase.

I'd have to say that While my guitar gently weeps is my favorite.

I don't think that was Beatles collaboration but from Georges independently. His guitar was a metaphor for his wife that Eric took...There is a story about the guitar he was given by Eric sort of as repayment for stealing Mrs. Harrison....

mitzi

I don't know that I can name my favorite! I loved the first 2 albums. I have very fond memories of my dad making sure my brother & I saw A Hard Day's Night when it came out. (it was at the movie theatre in Lexington Park, as a matter of fact. The one which used to be over by where the Flat Tops were - in that area) Since he was a Disc Jockey in his spare time while in the Navy - he actually had a "Teenybopper type" of radio show right down the street from the theatre - as WPTX was on that same street. They had a street front studio and he would sit in there and spin records! So he took us to the movies and the manager set us up with our snacks and watched out for us - then dad went to work at the station. :lol:

There are a few Beatles songs I don't care for. I loved their 60's pop phase more than the later phases, but I really loved a lot of their work. (both as a group and individuals) I am a huge Beatles fan. :yay:

Your mention of Hard Day's Night brought back memories. My Mom taking me to see it when I was 8 years old. Then this past summer my wish since I was 8 years old happened. I finally saw Paul McCartney. He opened with Hard Day's Night (not my favorite song either) but I went back to being a kid again and teared up. I really don't have a favorite song. I don't have a preference on the time period either. It all was good.

mitzi

I don't think that was Beatles collaboration but from Georges independently. His guitar was a metaphor for his wife that Eric took...There is a story about the guitar he was given by Eric sort of as repayment for stealing Mrs. Harrison....

And Eric played the lead on the song.