Whatz Up With This?

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
The Calvert Marine Museum concert's this year are a non-smoking-rain or shine, non refundable OUT DOOR event!!!
I can respect a non-smoking event if it is inside but this just plain Stupid. Makes me wonder whats next??
I will not attend this event or any other if that is the new rule.
Any comments?

K

Kizzy

Maybe you should take some gum with your happyazz, I mean with you happyazz, and go and enjoy whatever concert you want to see anyway. You can go without a smoke for a few hours. :bubble:

Aimhigh2000

Chicago

I thought it was n/s at the Chicago concert...I could be wrong....Oh, they had a designated smoking area.........that is what it was.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by willie
Sounds like my kind of event!

:yeahthat:

I don't know of too many events, outdoor OR indoor, that allow smoking at your seat anymore. I personally don't want to be inhaling smoke at a concert. My luck is always such that the smoke is going to drift in MY direction no matter where I am.

I'm sure they will have a designated smoking area for those who need to smoke.

K

Kain99

I am a soon to be Ex smoker... I know it seems stupid to ban cigarettes at outdoor functions but...... The Politically correct always get their way so, kick back and live with it. :wink:

W

Wenchy

Originally posted by Kain99
I am a soon to be Ex smoker... I know it seems stupid to ban cigarettes at outdoor functions but...... The Politically correct always get their way so, kick back and live with it. :wink:

Back away and be politically incorrect :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: We will read about you in the paper and then you can post an interesting new thread. Kain--how are you quitting?! I want to , but nothing has worked.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Wench
Back away and be politically incorrect :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: We will read about you in the paper and then you can post an interesting new thread. Kain--how are you quitting?! I want to , but nothing has worked.
Kain plans on quitting by sheer will! I'll probably use the patch for support but I hope to not need it! Monday of next week is the day... cross your fingers!

willie

Kain plans on quitting by sheer will! I'll probably use the patch for support but I hope to not need it! Monday of next week is the day... cross your fingers!
Good luck.....you're mean enough to make it!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

D

dems4me

That's nothing... when I lived in Bethesda they were trying to ban you smoking in your car because on summer days when the window's are rolled down -- smoke may drift into the car next to you at the light or the pedestrians crossing the road. I don't think that proposal made it anywhere though. :smile: