Whelp, there you go, he admits it. I'm ready to hear the cult hot take.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Could be, why isn’t trmps DOJ investigating it? All of the evidence against uncle joe is publicly available including him bragging about using the loan guarantees to get shorkin fired.

The DOJ could be investigating it. But, if Trump demands the DOJ investigate, folks on the left will start up with the "Trump is meddling in the election" nonsense. What Biden did is blackmail. In this country, that is illegal. While this occurred in another country, it still involved American tax payers' money; so I believe our DOJ has a role in investigating.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yes. Thanks Obama

And “wall is being reinforced” is a far cry from a “big beautiful wall that Mexico pays for”

Thanks Obama, really??

And Trump supporters are cultists and brain dead?? Seriously??

I know you're upset that we haven't overthrown any countries lately, or sent ou young men and women to another foreign country to die.. but get over it, Obama is gone.. no more dead ambassadors.. no more world leaders getting tortured and assassinated (same people responsible for both).. no new "Syria".. no more money being sent to your friends in Iran or North Korea..

It must break your heart.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How would it matter?? What kind of power does he have over the Ukraine judicial system? The same power say the Ayatollah has over ours?? He can ask all he wants (or not) it really doesn't matter..

Now if CornHolio didn't do anything illegal to enrich his son why would you care.. I mean, if he has nothing to hide, why would it matter, right??

Burnthings

How would it matter?? What kind of power does he have over the Ukraine judicial system? The same power say the Ayatollah has over ours?? He can ask all he wants (or not) it really doesn't matter..

Now if CornHolio didn't do anything illegal to enrich his son why would you care.. I mean, if he has nothing to hide, why would it matter, right??
Holding back US aid. Literally using our countries resources to get foreign countries to smear political rivals. Do you have enough brain power to comprehend why that is wrong?

Midnightrider

The DOJ could be investigating it. But, if Trump demands the DOJ investigate, folks on the left will start up with the "Trump is meddling in the election" nonsense. What Biden did is blackmail. In this country, that is illegal. While this occurred in another country, it still involved American tax payers' money; so I believe our DOJ has a role in investigating.
But the left isn’t going to start up the ‘trump is working with a foreign country to meddle in the election’?

If Biden was acting on his own and his intention was saving his son then that is illegal. I think the first part is demonstrably not true. The EU and the US government were pushing for shorkins ouster.
In any case, there should be an investigation if there is any truth to it.but I’m not seeing any evidence that is happening.

awpitt

Main Streeter
That was nice of Barry to have everything positive kick in right around the time that Trump got elected. I guess dumping all of obama's regulations on business didn't have anything to do with a better economic outlook.

The only thing obama increased was racial strife nationwide.

When Obama entered office in 2009, he inherited an unemployment rate of 9.9%. When Obama left office in 2017, the unemployment rate was 4.7%.

When Trump entered office in 2017, he inherited an unemployment rate of 4.7%. The unemployment rate is now 3.7%.

During the first 29 months of Trump’s term, total job growth was 5.613 million or 194,000 per month.

During the final 29 months of Obama’s term there were 6.423 million jobs added or 221,000 per month.

awpitt

Main Streeter
What Joe did amounts to a bribe to a foreign government not to investigate a company that affects his son.

Seems like Biden is being accused of doing something similar to what Trump is being accused of. Withholding foreign aid money until Biden/Trump gets something they want. I would think there would be more agreement here that both accusations need to be addressed.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Holding back US aid. Literally using our countries resources to get foreign countries to smear political rivals. Do you have enough brain power to comprehend why that is wrong?
Not near as bad as spying on a Presidential candidate AND a President Elect.. is it??

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
During the first 29 months of Trump’s term, total job growth was 5.613 million or 194,000 per month.

During the final 29 months of Obama’s term there were 6.423 million jobs added or 221,000 per month.

In which 29 month period do you think the economy was performing better?

Monello

PREMO Member
Seems like Biden is being accused of doing something similar to what Trump is being accused of. Withholding foreign aid money until Biden/Trump gets something they want. I would think there would be more agreement here that both accusations need to be addressed.
I'm ready to give the Trump investigations a break. Let's focus on someone else. Perhaps someone that actually broke a US law.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When Obama entered office in 2009, he inherited an unemployment rate of 9.9%. When Obama left office in 2017, the unemployment rate was 4.7%.

When Trump entered office in 2017, he inherited an unemployment rate of 4.7%. The unemployment rate is now 3.7%.

Ahhhh, but Obama himself said it Can't Get Any Better.. Those Jobs are GONE, never to come back..

Obama even belittled Trump saying it was impossible unless he had a magic wand..

It pisses Democrats and Obama off, that Trump was smarter than Obama and did get jobs back, did improve unemployment (especially for minorities) and is bringing industry back into the US that Obama just wrote off as impossible to do.

Monello

PREMO Member
It pisses Democrats and Obama off, that Trump was smarter than Obama and did get jobs back, did improve unemployment (especially for minorities) and is bringing industry back into the US that Obama just wrote off as impossible to do.

I don't think it was a matter of Trump being smarter. It's just that Trump made it a priority. Obama made his health care his focus and we saw how well that turned out. Especially that superdeeduper, uber expensive website that created. Those programmers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

You don't think it would be "nice" to know what actually transpired during the Trump telecon before jumping to conclusions?

I do.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You don't think it would be "nice" to know what actually transpired during the Trump telecon before jumping to conclusions?

I do.
I don't have a need to know.. and conversations between our President and other World leaders should be kept under the highest confidentiality.. How would he ever have candid conversations with any other world leader if they thought their words would or could be shared with the public.. and especially the media?

I'm sure our President says things he doesn't want us to know, and other world leaders say things to Trump they don't want their citizens to know.. confidentiality between leaders is a bond that can't be broken..

AND this is what the democrats are depending on.. think about it.. they accuse Trump of saying something, Anything...… and they know there is no way for him to provide proof that they are lying without breaking the above.

You can accuse anyone of anything, if you know they have no way of defending themselves, and if he does share, than he's lost all trust and respect with ALL of the other world leaders..

awpitt

Main Streeter
In which 29 month period do you think the economy was performing better?

Well, looking at those numbers, they're both pretty good. Though the final 29 months of Obama's term had slightly higher job growth. My point was that this notion that the economy suddenly turned around when Trump was sworn in is a myth. And none of the economic indicators support that myth. If you want to argue that the economy has been better under Trump, that's fine but it wouldn't be that way if it weren't for the economic growth that occurred under the last guy. It had to start somewhere. Trump inherited a much better economy in 2017 than that which was inherited by Obama in 2009. I just mentioned the unemployment numbers. Here's some stock market numbers.....

During the first 32 months of Obama's term, the stock market grew by 36.4%.
During the first 32 months of Trump's term, the stock market grew by 35.7%.

Stock market growth during Obama's entire term was 148.3%. All of the stock market gains that Trump has been boasting about would not have been possible without the growth that occurred prior to Trump entering office.

I do.

Well, if the IG were allowed to release the whistle blower report, we might be able to have a better idea of what actually transpired during the Trump telecon.