When is the last time someone was lynched

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday unanimously backed a bill to make lynching a federal crime, a step cast as righting a historic wrong after nearly 100 years of failed attempts.

The legislation, approved on a voice vote, would ensure that lynching triggers an enhanced sentence under federal law, like other hate crimes. The measure was sponsored by the Senate's three African-American members: Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Tim Scott, R-S.C.

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0219/lynching_bill.php3#cqW3S5WGd0UMVi4P.99

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Exactly what is the federal governments enforcement and authority mechanism? Since they have no authority to interfere in a State's business. Unless of course an offender crosses a State's line into another State to do the hanging.

Hijinx

WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday unanimously backed a bill to make lynching a federal crime, a step cast as righting a historic wrong after nearly 100 years of failed attempts.

The legislation, approved on a voice vote, would ensure that lynching triggers an enhanced sentence under federal law, like other hate crimes. The measure was sponsored by the Senate's three African-American members: Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Tim Scott, R-S.C.

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0219/lynching_bill.php3#cqW3S5WGd0UMVi4P.99

Its' just part of the kabuki show being put on by these three runners for the Presidency trying to impress the black vote.

I'm surprised no one has said the bill was in direct response to Jussie Smollet's attempted hanging. He did have a noose around his neck, after all.

Hijinx

I don't believe Tim Scott (R-SC) is running for President.

I didn't even notice the R behind his name, he just fell in with the group I guess.

One shouldn't judge people by the company they keep I suppose, but sometimes it fits.