When salons reopen

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hope this is only in New York. https://news.yahoo.com/heres-itll-hair-salons-different-183848528.html

Some of the things being advocated are - washing your own hair and leaving it damp before you come in, waiting in the car to be called, no drying, no styling etc. Bet they don't lower their prices though.
That wouldn't work for me unless a brought along a spray bottle and spritzed right before I went into the shop. My hair is so fine, it air dries in about 3 minutes. Did they say anything about waxing? I'm a little overdue.
:blushing:

Wait a minute, no styling? WT actual F?

SailorGirl

That wouldn't work for me unless a brought along a spray bottle and spritzed right before I went into the shop. My hair is so fine, it air dries in about 3 minutes. Did they say anything about waxing? I'm a little overdue.
:blushing:

Wait a minute, no styling? WT actual F?
I think it's nice that you're not afraid to show your feminine side. :razz:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Hope this is only in New York. https://news.yahoo.com/heres-itll-hair-salons-different-183848528.html

Some of the things being advocated are - washing your own hair and leaving it damp before you come in, waiting in the car to be called, no drying, no styling etc. Bet they don't lower their prices though.
Not that I need a haircut but I would prefer them to not style my hair. They would always do it the way they wanted it to look. I would just go home, wet and dry my hair and style it the way I wanted

frequentflier

happy to be living
Not that I need a haircut but I would prefer them to not style my hair. They would always do it the way they wanted it to look. I would just go home, wet and dry my hair and style it the way I wanted
My hair stylist wants to use goop and hairspray and sometimes wants to part it on the opposite side. I would rather just walk out with it wet and let it dry naturally as usual!

SailorGirl

I want them to at least dry it but I'm with you - I wash my hair the minute I walk in the door and do it over again. I thought I was the only one in the world that did that. :lmao:

mitzi

I've usually left with it still wet too. When it's been styled, it always looked nice but I could never get it to look that way.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Anybody have a telephone number for Morgan's Barber Shop? I number I have (301-863-9335) is no longer in service.

SailorGirl

Got an appointment for tomorrow evening! Cannot wait to get this mop cut! :yahoo:
Got one in another week. No shampoo, no styling, no blow dry. Same price though. How on earth am I supposed to figure out if it's short enough without a blow dry? My hair's curly so she always cuts, then goes back in if need be, to cut more. That really gets me that I'm paying the same price as full service. I'm happy they're back, I'm VERY happy they're back but I'm kinda feeling right now that it's not really right that I'm paying the exact price I was before and not getting everything I've paid for in the past.

New normal 🤮 I guess.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
Got one in another week. No shampoo, no styling, no blow dry. Same price though. How on earth am I supposed to figure out if it's short enough without a blow dry? My hair's curly so she always cuts, then goes back in if need be, to cut more. That really gets me that I'm paying the same price as full service. I'm happy they're back, I'm VERY happy they're back but I'm kinda feeling right now that it's not really right that I'm paying the exact price I was before and not getting everything I've paid for in the past.

New normal 🤮 I guess.
Yep, I agree. When they called to schedule my appointment, she made it clear that there would be no blow dry after the shampoo and cut. I didnt ask if the price would be lower, but I'm not expecting it to be. I am desperate for a haircut though, so do what I've got to do. :sshrug:

Chris0nllyn

New normal 🤮 I guess.
The price is the same (and some places will likely go up) because of the additional restrictions. They can open, but at half capacity with additional stipulations on sanitizing so they are taking time to clean when they could be cutting/coloring. They may be doing less to your hair, but the same amount of "work" per client. If that makes sense. Not to mention the additional costs of masks, gloves, disinfectant, etc.

That blame sits squarely on the shoulders of the State for rolling out what amounts to a "half" opening.

SailorGirl

Yep, I agree. When they called to schedule my appointment, she made it clear that there would be no blow dry after the shampoo and cut. I didnt ask if the price would be lower, but I'm not expecting it to be. I am desperate for a haircut though, so do what I've got to do. :sshrug:
Oh it's the same trust me. I'm seriously considering not tipping or tipping a lot less than my usual twenty bucks.

SailorGirl

The price is the same (and some places will likely go up) because of the additional restrictions. They can open, but at half capacity with additional stipulations on sanitizing so they are taking time to clean when they could be cutting/coloring. They may be doing less to your hair, but the same amount of "work" per client. If that makes sense. Not to mention the additional costs of masks, gloves, disinfectant, etc.

That blame sits squarely on the shoulders of the State for rolling out what amounts to a "half" opening.
That makes sense I guess and sealed it for me. Screw it when they go back to full service then I'll go back to full tipping.

Chris0nllyn

That makes sense I guess and sealed it for me. Screw it when they go back to full service then I'll go back to full tipping.
I think a lot of people will do that. You tip based on the level of service. If you don't get 100% of the service you would expect (i.e. blow dry), even if it's because of the State, no one should expect you to tip the same amount.

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
My salon is not furnishing masks or gloves to clients. I was told to bring my own. Honestly, disinfectants are something they should be buying all the time. As far as operating at half capacity, extend their hours and days opened. Charging for services that I did not receive is illegal!

SailorGirl

My salon is not furnishing masks or gloves to clients. I was told to bring my own. Honestly, disinfectants are something they should be buying all the time. As far as operating at half capacity, extend their hours and days opened. Charging for services that I did not receive is illegal!
Totally onboard - really happy to get my bangs cut and hair thinned out but if they get away with the regular prices for less service what happens when they're able to provide all of it - do they then raise their prices?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm waiting to see how one get's their haircut while wearing a mask. Especially ones where the elastic goes all the way around one's head.