When salons reopen

mitzi

What I am saying is, I dont believe it will take an hour to clean after every client. Besides all that, stylists have to clean after every client anyway.
That's just what I was going to post. A wipe down with disinfectant of their area certainly can't take a hour.

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
So, showed up at 6:10 and called the salon to advise that I was there, waiting in my car, as instructed to do. No one answered the phone...hang up and try again, got an answer on the 2nd try, please hold. Held on the phone for 8 minutes, meanwhile I see someone come out of the salon and someone else gets out of their car and goes in. I hang up and call again, they answer and again ask, can you hold please? I replied, I was just on hold for almost 10 minutes, I gave her my name and my stylists name and my appointment time of 6:15, "Okay, please hold just a minute" 2 minutes later she informs me its okay to enter the salon. Once inside, everything went pretty smooth. They did wash my hair, even though I was told they would prefer you to wet/wash your hair before coming to the salon. My cut was perfect, but no blow dry, which I was aware of. After leaving the shampoo bowl, my stylist took disinfecting spray and wiped the chair down, took about 2 minutes. I did tip $10.00, just got a haircut, no color. I'm not sure about the 50% capacity, but, every other chair in the place was filled and, since there was no blow drying going on, they were moving them in and out pretty damn quick.

SailorGirl

So, showed up at 6:10 and called the salon to advise that I was there, waiting in my car, as instructed to do. No one answered the phone...hang up and try again, got an answer on the 2nd try, please hold. Held on the phone for 8 minutes, meanwhile I see someone come out of the salon and someone else gets out of their car and goes in. I hang up and call again, they answer and again ask, can you hold please? I replied, I was just on hold for almost 10 minutes, I gave her my name and my stylists name and my appointment time of 6:15, "Okay, please hold just a minute" 2 minutes later she informs me its okay to enter the salon. Once inside, everything went pretty smooth. They did wash my hair, even though I was told they would prefer you to wet/wash your hair before coming to the salon. My cut was perfect, but no blow dry, which I was aware of. After leaving the shampoo bowl, my stylist took disinfecting spray and wiped the chair down, took about 2 minutes. I did tip $10.00, just got a haircut, no color. I'm not sure about the 50% capacity, but, every other chair in the place was filled and, since there was no blow drying going on, they were moving them in and out pretty damn quick.
I'm so glad you checked back. How did the cut go with a mask on?

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
I'm so glad you checked back. How did the cut go with a mask on?
No problem at all! I have short hair, not really sure if that makes a difference or not. The masks I have dont have a strap that goes all the way around your head, just hooks over the ears. I took one strap off, she cut that side, than did the other side the same way. I wasn't there that long, maybe 1/2 hour, so it didnt really bother me. I wear it longer than that when I go grocery shopping.

SailorGirl

No problem at all! I have short hair, not really sure if that makes a difference or not. The masks I have dont have a strap that goes all the way around your head, just hooks over the ears. I took one strap off, she cut that side, than did the other side the same way. I wasn't there that long, maybe 1/2 hour, so it didnt really bother me. I wear it longer than that when I go grocery shopping.
Good to know - thank you!

frequentflier

happy to be living
So a serious question:
Why are hair salons not offering blow drying? Is it to stop from blowing cooties around?

As I plan to re-open my dog wash, I already know that the middle tub won't be able to be open for "social distancing" rules. I am curious on opinions of not allowing blow drying on the dogs?
We may also have to put a time limit on the dog wash (and some people spend an hour trying to dry their dog) and or let people do their washes by appointment only. There have been times, there is a line of people waiting to use the tubs.

SailorGirl

So a serious question:
Why are hair salons not offering blow drying? Is it to stop from blowing cooties around?

As I plan to re-open my dog wash, I already know that the middle tub won't be able to be open for "social distancing" rules. I am curious on opinions of not allowing blow drying on the dogs?
We may also have to put a time limit on the dog wash (and some people spend an hour trying to dry their dog) and or let people do their washes by appointment only. There have been times, there is a line of people waiting to use the tubs.
That's exactly the reason.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So a serious question:

We're going to bring our GSD over to get her bathed and prettied up.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My haircut this morning at Morgan's went off without a hitch. When you go in, the lady asked if you had an appointment. If your chair was ready, you could go inside. If it wasn't ready, you had to wait outside. All the seating inside was removed. There was an empty chair between the three barbers. When the time came, they asked you to remove your mask straps and hold it over your face so they could cut around your ears.

I have to hand to my barber Rob. He suffers from COPD and it was acting up today. Yet he's still in there cutting hair. I made sure to overtip.

tuffenuff2

My root touch up and trim went great this morning. I asked about blow drying and was told that if I really wanted it I could have it but it was mostly the older ladies who requested it. I did not have it. Unless I am going someplace special I normally air dry . The prices were the same as before. I tipped $30.

Bonehead

I got my ears lowered today, no muss no fuss. Although the barber snapped me with the mask elastic it freaked her out a little.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My haircut this morning at Morgan's went off without a hitch. When you go in, the lady asked if you had an appointment. If your chair was ready, you could go inside. If it wasn't ready, you had to wait outside. All the seating inside was removed. There was an empty chair between the three barbers. When the time came, they asked you to remove your mask straps and hold it over your face so they could cut around your ears.

I have to hand to my barber Rob. He suffers from COPD and it was acting up today. Yet he's still in there cutting hair. I made sure to overtip.
As in Morgan's Barber shop by the "naughty" store? My husband and boys go there and are in desperate need of a cut .

SailorGirl

Remind me again why I wanted to get my hair cut.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I got muh hairs did on Tuesday afternoon and it looks fabulous! Highlights, shampoo and blow dry. :diva:

SailorGirl

How did it turn out?
Pretty bad. She normally goes back in when it's dried to figure out where it still needs work and because she couldn't dry it, she couldn't do that and god does it still need work. Still too thick. Called them about a recut but they haven't responded. Not very happy at the moment TMI right? :lmao:.