When tears are white

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Yesterday I was out in the wind and it made my eyes tear. My son noticed that the tears were white. When I wiped my eyes with my hand there was white residue. I wasn't wearing any makeup, contacts were clean.

Has this ever happened to anyone here? And do you know why? The internet isn't giving me anything.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Yesterday I was out in the wind and it made my eyes tear. My son noticed that the tears were white. When I wiped my eyes with my hand there was white residue. I wasn't wearing any makeup, contacts were clean.

Has this ever happened to anyone here? And do you know why? The internet isn't giving me anything.

Could just be debris being filtered out of your eye by the tear duct doing its job. Could also be pink eye. :shrug: Wash your hands, etc.. and keep an eye on it! :lol:

M

Mousebaby

Oh wow, that's weird. I think I would called my Optometrist to make sure there is no infection going on. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is you have a lot of salt in your tears. :shrug:

M

Mousebaby

Kind of hard to read print, but it was the best info I could find.

The only thing I could make out of it is maybe she had an injury to her eye and it has not healed correctly. Yeah I would call my Optometrist! :shocking:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Thanks guys! And Geek, you found more than me. I called and made an op appt. Lady said its probably just meds or a blocked tear duct.

SoMDGirl42

Sounds like a visit is a good idea just to make sure. Hopefully you'll find out that tears contain alot of sodium, that's why they taste salty. Maybe you have an obundance of sodium and when they dried on your face from the wind, it left the traces of sodium on your face. Just my opinion. I've experienced this in the past, but never had it checked out, just assumed it was like salt water that dries. It'll be interesting to find out what the doctor says. :coffee: