When you die ‘you know you’re dead

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

TCROW

... because your brain keeps working’, scientist claims

We know we are dead when we die because our brains keep working to make us aware of what's happening around us, haunting new research suggests.

Old news, unless you’re brain dead.

By Claudia Tanner For Mailonline08:23 EDT 18 Oct 2017, updated 16:15 EDT 18 Oct 2017

Many years back my mom awarded me her medical power of attorney because she knows I'm the most sensible one if the three who would not hesitate to pull the plug should it be needed.

A couple years ago she may be a bit concerned over her selection. After getting a knee replacement, she informed the therapist she needed to work extra hard to get rid of the limp because she was concerned I would 'pull the plug' if she didn't get better.

True story: My dad was in ICU for severe respiratory issues. One morning he began telling the dayshift nurse about a nurse that came in at '02:15' during the wee hours of the morn describing her to a 'T' and stated that he watched her quickstep it to his bed and shaking him as she hollered his name. He told the nurse that he knew the time because he was eye-level with the clock on the wall and had glanced over to see the time as he watched what took place below. He didn't remember anything past that point.

The nurse said raised an eyebrow and opened his chart to find it noted that he had 'coded' at that same time. His heart had stopped beating which triggered an alarm which prompted the nurse's visit.

He was so calm and so clear in detail that to this day, I believe him.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My Aunt was declared legally dead for about 5 minutes. She would NEVER talk about it. She's really dead this time around.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
... because your brain keeps working’, scientist claims

We know we are dead when we die because our brains keep working to make us aware of what's happening around us, haunting new research suggests.
Good info. I'll take it with me to the grave. I'm sure of it. o_O

Old news, unless you’re brain dead.
Not brain dead, but I did just come out of my 1994 Thanksgiving dinner food coma. So glad for the re-post. ;)

The Great Train Robbery. Donald Sutherland.

--- End of line (MCP)