Where are the hummingbirds...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Have had our feeder out since April and nothing. BS Gal had a thread in April that she had some.

Where are they? :shrug:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There were a few here, then, as Catt said, they went away to mate. I have seen one in the past week, but he hasn't been frequenting the feeder a lot.

camily

Peace
They show up, sparsely, in April/May then go off to mate. They'll be back mid-June or so.

Good to know. I saw one a few weeks ago but nothing now. I even made a great hummingbird oasis and have been so dissapointed that there haven't been any around.

oldman

Lobster Land
To my untrained eye I started out with three of them for a good two weeks and now I'm only seeing one. I thought they were here to mate so it's nice to know they probably went off to do the deed and will probably be back later.

frequentflier

happy to be living
They better be back after their mating fun...we have a lot of flowers planted this year for their pleasure....and ours for watching them!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Three hummers are having a great time fighting over the two feeders I have this evening!

(They REALLY don't like to share :killingme )

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have one that comes every morning around 5:30 and since I'm gone the rest of the day I don't know if I get many more.

Bonehead

The pair we have fought for a week over the feeder then we noticed they we mating right there in the front yard........maybe they weren't fighting ?