Where are the stars?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

So where are the stars? There is no sun light hitting the capsule so the stars should be visible, especially since there is no atmosphere to hinder any light transmission. There should be stars present above the Earth's horizon, yet there are none. We should see stars above the astronaut.

gemma_rae

So where are the stars? There is no sun light hitting the capsule so the stars should be visible, especially since there is no atmosphere to hinder any light transmission. There should be stars present above the Earth's horizon, yet there are none. We should see stars ,above the astronaut.

I'm not sure what exactly constitutes the first ever commercial spacewalk, but just popping out of a small hatch behind the actual ship might be enough.

My best guess.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Camera iris was closed down to properly catch the reflected, and very bright, light off the white space suits, rendering the low lit stars pretty much invisible.

But you knew that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Camera iris was closed down to properly catch the reflected, and very bright, light off the white space suits, rendering the low lit stars pretty much invisible.

But you knew that.

Stop it. We're trying to build a hoax conspiracy theory here and you're being a buzzkill. :mad:

LightRoasted

If I may ...

But you knew that.

Well, I know but not really. I understand the given industry explanation when a picture is taken in space with the sun shinning brightly directly on an object and/or directly reflecting off the Earth, or when on the moon, washing out any starlight. But in this case, there is no sunlight, reflecting off the earth, or reflecting off the capsule, or the space suit. The sun is on the opposite side of the Earth. It is pitch black out there in this moment. What is illuminating the spacesuit, and some of the capsule, is a light mounted on the capsule hatch which is directed towards the astronaut, and towards Earth. Once outside of the Earth's atmosphere, the stars would be extremely bright, or bright enough to be seen clearly, since there are billions of them out there. If the capsule mounted light was directed towards the camera, causing the digital video camera to automatically adjust contrast and light balance rendering starlight to not be seen, sure. But the reflection of the capsule installed light off the spacesuit is minimal and not harsh at all, not washed out as direct bright sunlight would cause.

And I'm not being conspiratorial here at all. Just really trying to fully understand and comprehend the phenomena that is logical.

glhs837

Power with Control

Well, I know but not really. I understand the given industry explanation when a picture is taken in space with the sun shinning brightly directly on an object and/or directly reflecting off the Earth, or when on the moon, washing out any starlight. But in this case, there is no sunlight, reflecting off the earth, or reflecting off the capsule, or the space suit. The sun is on the opposite side of the Earth. It is pitch black out there in this moment. What is illuminating the spacesuit, and some of the capsule, is a light mounted on the capsule hatch which is directed towards the astronaut, and towards Earth. Once outside of the Earth's atmosphere, the stars would be extremely bright, or bright enough to be seen clearly, since there are billions of them out there. If the capsule mounted light was directed towards the camera, causing the digital video camera to automatically adjust contrast and light balance rendering starlight to not be seen, sure. But the reflection of the capsule installed light off the spacesuit is minimal and not harsh at all, not washed out as direct bright sunlight would cause.

And I'm not being conspiratorial here at all. Just really trying to fully understand and comprehend the phenomena that is logical.

They are bright enough to be seen clearly by the human eye, which is better at that than cameras set up to take image of lit up human beings. Our eyes don't have a shutter speed. And if you try and keep the aperture of the camera open long enough to capture them, it will wash out the subject you are trying to record.

Now, I know you said you were not introducing conspiracy theories. but I'll address them anyway. Unlike the old days, we get real coverage from start to finish. And a LOT more people are involved. Cameras from off Canaveral track the previously launched rockets as they journey around the facility through rework and reuse. Fans and local news capture the new rockets coming from Hawthorne as they travel across the country. We see the crew leave for the rocket and not come back with the Model Xs they ride in. Live video of them getting strapped in. Those same privately owned zoom cameras and hundreds of amateur photographers are shooting the rocket every second during the countdown. There's no way for them to leave the capsule between climbing in and takeoff.

We see the rocket launch, and get real time imagery of all phases of the launch and flight, including views inside the capsule as they enter micro gravity.

If they don't go to orbit, even though outside folks can track the capsule, so we know they do, where could the capsule go? Is it snatched by a C-5 and taken to a secret facility where they record all the "live shots". the loaded back up and dumped off at 40,000 feet to fake reentry?

Its like 9/11 that way.... if the airliners were not hijacked full of people and crashed as described, did some organization take all of those hundreds of people out and shoot them somewhere?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Take a picture in a dark room of your stereo equipment, specifically the little 'power on' LED, but not zoomed in. Notice the LED is visible in the pic. Then turn on a 100 watt bulb and adjust the camera so the light is properly illuminated (not washed out, able to see detail), but with the stereo LED still in-frame at the same focal distance as before, and take another picture. The LED will no longer be visible. The camera "iris" (virtual, not physical anymore) is closed down to a point where the LED is essentially gone.

Add to the fact that the focus point of the camera used in the space mission is focused on the subject in the foreground. The background objects are not in focus and will "spread" and be so out-of-focus that they become indistinct.