Where are you showing in 2010??

Eventer29

I cant decide. We liked BEST but they combined the jumper points with SMHA, so if you didnt do the same division you didnt have much chance at year end awards. We will be doing Jumpers and some Eq at either MSA or BEST. Mostly we want some COMPETITION in the Jumper ring. So esp you jumpers, which shows are you doing???? Does BEST still have lower entries in the Eq classes. I know the first year they did.

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
if i do jumpers it will only be at the BEST show because Mary gave me some attitude about not wanting to have jumpers anymore at SMHA so i don't want to give her my money.. if she wants me to put up with her attitude she is going to have to pay me :blahblah:

but i will also be doing the Senior Equitation classes at BEST

fredsaid2

if i do jumpers it will only be at the BEST show because Mary gave me some attitude about not wanting to have jumpers anymore at SMHA so i don't want to give her my money.. if she wants me to put up with her attitude she is going to have to pay me :blahblah:

but i will also be doing the Senior Equitation classes at BEST

Doesn't Mari run both shows ??

Sparks

BEST, MSA and McDonogh. That's the plan now anyway. You never know how these beasts will figure out how to get out of work/showing. :cds:

Might drag Sparks out to SMHA for a pleasure class or two, if I have time.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am not sure what I am doing this year for shows...

BEST for sure and probably SMHA. We are going to play at some dressage shows also this season.

Eventer29

Just wondering, It seems fewer people are showing at MSA? Why? Is it the prices and the attitudes? That is why we switched when BEST started up.
Right now we want COMPETITION!!! Even if we have to pay a little more. Any ohter suggestions for jumpers and Eq that are local to Calvert county?

Sparks

Just wondering, It seems fewer people are showing at MSA? Why? Is it the prices and the attitudes? That is why we switched when BEST started up.
Right now we want COMPETITION!!! Even if we have to pay a little more. Any ohter suggestions for jumpers and Eq that are local to Calvert county?

I haven't shown at MSA for several years. The reasons you mentioned, etc. I'm only showing there this year because they have the division I want to do. Maybe the atmosphere has changed since it seems like some of the management has changed.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I will show at NFHJA and FCHJA and my little daughter has finally taken an interest too! I hope she will be showing in short stirrup.:buddies:

Attachments

• Avery jumping Ariel.JPG
    Avery jumping Ariel.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Avery jumping Ariel tongue pict.JPG
    Avery jumping Ariel tongue pict.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Avery Jumping flowers with Ariel.JPG
    Avery Jumping flowers with Ariel.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 144

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I will show at NFHJA and FCHJA and my little daughter has finally taken an interest too! I hope she will be showing in short stirrup.:buddies:

Looks good! Who knows Sadie I might make it down your way for showing!

Gotta love the circuit don't have to choose which shows just go to the closest states!

Duckz

I hear horror stories about MSA shows running until 9:00 or later...

We'll be doing BEST, Merrymount, and maybe one of the Culpepper shows if Bobby takes a group this year.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
oooh, we'll change the attitude a little here. I'll be EVENTING! Hopefully in Training level, if we can get back in shape. I'll be going to Rosaryville, Waredaca, maybe Full Moon (depending on how desperate), and hopefully Olney. Might scope out a few others, too. Also plans to go to HITS Culpeper for the Jumpers and maybe some BEST jumpers on the side.

I'm excited I get to show this year! No more foals for a long while, atleast not on the main riding mare. :smack:

ETA: I HATE MSA! Prices, management, competitors, etc. It soiled my view of hunters for a good year. I think we attended one show there in the jumper ring about 2 years ago or so, but then I stayed the rest of the day to school a little mare in some of the other classes. BLEH! Never again, MSA.

Last edited:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
One MSA show that I did go to..we didn't get home until after midnight. Going to work the next day almost killed me...

I might do the Rated days of MSA for the MHSA Pleasure horse. I won't be jumping since 2"6 we are not there yet!

Eventer29

We are going to do more eventing this year too. Def the MCTA starter, Marlborough, maybe Waredaca. And we are going to do at least one weekend in Culpeper, likely more.

Duckz

We are going to do more eventing this year too. Def the MCTA starter, Marlborough, maybe Waredaca. And we are going to do at least one weekend in Culpeper, likely more.

Isn't there a jumper derby and a starter trial at Rosaryville in the spring? Do they have dates posted yet?