Where can I donate an old cell phone ???

S

soulonfirex05

Hey, I have an old Nextel cell phone & an old verizon cell phone...they aren't worth jack sh*t on eBay, so I'd like to donate my phone to a good cause...they still work and all...can anybody help me? :cheesy: thanks a bunch !

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Hey, I have an old Nextel cell phone & an old verizon cell phone...they aren't worth jack sh*t on eBay, so I'd like to donate my phone to a good cause...they still work and all...can anybody help me? :cheesy: thanks a bunch !

When I worked for Alltel in Va. Beach we would collect used cellphones and give them to Women's Shelters. They were programmed so they could only dial 911 and the shelter or a counselor so if these women's abusers came after them again they could call for help. i'd suggest you try contacting the Police Department or a Shelter to see if they have anything like that here.

smcop

Take them to the Family advocacy center in the Carter Building. They will distribute them to victim's of domestic violence.

wishes26

Saw at McKays a sign were someone is collecting old phones for our troops also

S

soulonfirex05

thanks so much !!!

thanks a bunch guys ! i will be making some phone calls tomorrow :)

Boudicca

The Southern Maryland Center for Family Advocacy could use it for their clients. They serve victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. They can be reached at: 301-373-4141

JLS

Not that the other ideas aren't great, but at the Charles Co Gov't Bldg, there is a barrell they are getting of donated old cellphones for some sort of charity type thing.. a friend of mine said she was taking hers over there and dropping it in..