Where can I get a blanket washed?

DQ2B

I thought I had seen an add for a local tack or harness shop that cleaned horse blankets. Anyone know where I can have this done?

fredsaid2

I've used Snowflake in the past, 301-253-9115. You can mail the blanket or she can add you to her pickup route. She did a great job repairing the lining of a t/o sheet. It came back clean and re-waterproofed. Reasonable rates too. Or you can always find a commercial front load washer, use white vinegar in the final rinse to get rid of any soap residue.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
every morning I pass a feild of horses, my question is why do some of the horses have blankets and some dont. I would think if one needs a blanket, they all would.

fredsaid2

baileydog said:
every morning I pass a feild of horses, my question is why do some of the horses have blankets and some dont. I would think if one needs a blanket, they all would.

Owner preference, they're really fine without. Though some get clipped and need blanketing to stay warm.

W

WildHorses

baileydog said:

I have a simple philosophy concerning blanketing. If I put on my coat and go out to work with the horses and I'm comfortable, the horses will be comfortable without their blankets. :flowers: If I put on my coat and go out to work with the horses and I'm still cold, the horses will be cold. However, Fredsaid is right. A clipped horse will probably need a blanket. Also, some owners will blanket below a certain temperature period. :howdy: I also have a horse with Cushings who gets extra "fuzzy" in the winter and most days would be too :hot: with a blanket. In fact, he's not the happiest camper today but we don't want to clip him until we're relatively certain the weather is going to stay warm. Poor horses, they're so at our mercy. :ohwell:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
DQ2B said:
I thought I had seen an add for a local tack or harness shop that cleaned horse blankets. Anyone know where I can have this done?

I have a front load and it does mine great and very gently. Im in Mechanicsville and would be happy to do your laundry. PM me.