where can I

punjabigyrl

buy a childrens bible and rosary in St. Marys County. I have a communion to go to over the weekend and thought would be nice to give the girl a keep sake gift. TIA

ashliekay711

not sure of where to get in in st mary's but the family christian book store in the waldorf mall has a good selection... you might also be able to try hallmark for nice keepsake items like that

buy a childrens bible and rosary in St. Marys County. I have a communion to go to over the weekend and thought would be nice to give the girl a keep sake gift. TIA

St. John Church, Phone: 301-373-2281

Give them a call to inquire as I believe (pun intended) they have items like this in a small store on-site.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm not sure if this place is still open:
Jacob's Well Christian Book Store
46035 Signature Ln
Lexington Park, MD
(301) 863-6388

But this place is:
White Rabbit
25470 Point Lookout Rd
#G, Leonardtown, MD 20650
(301) 997-0004

Also, I have seen rosaries before at Blair's Jewelry Store. You could always make a seperate trip to pick up a bible at Bay Books.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
The rosary is the tricky one. Most Christian book stores will not have rosaries for obvious reasons. Recently visited the the Mt. Carmel Monestary in La Plata. The nuns run a small gift shop that includes rosaries--most made by the nuns as well as books, sculptures, and crucifixes. Take your checkbook--no cash or credit cards as it is the honor system there. Neat place! Or if you are willing to pay for overnight shipping, go online.

nobody really

I need a nap
Heavenly Presents

They come to my church every now and then to sell rosaries and stuff. They are located in Leonardtown, I believe.

The rosary is the tricky one. Most Christian book stores will not have rosaries for obvious reasons. Recently visited the the Mt. Carmel Monestary in La Plata. The nuns run a small gift shop that includes rosaries--most made by the nuns as well as books, sculptures, and crucifixes. Take your checkbook--no cash or credit cards as it is the honor system there. Neat place! Or if you are willing to pay for overnight shipping, go online.

Not starting anything but am stumped. What are the obvious reasons a Christian Book Store would not carry a Rosary?

Go ahead I can take it, give me one of those "ah hah" moments.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Not starting anything but am stumped. What are the obvious reasons a Christian Book Store would not carry a Rosary?

The "Christian" that the most of the book stores cater to are not Catholics, sort of a Cross vs. Crucifix thing. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

onel0126

Bead mumbler

The same reason bibles sold at a Christian bookstore will be a wee bit thinner than one sold at a Catholic shop :whistle:

N

navywife1984

The gift shop at St. Mary's Hospital carries all kinds of rosaries, many of them for children and all at great prices with the money going right back into the hospital for equipment to help everyone. If you can find the bible, but not the rosary, come and check them out as I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

:patriot:

shannonbrio

Why buy one? Give her/him one of yours with a note explaining that it was yours, how you received it, why its special to you and why you want to pass it on.