Where Did God Come From?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Thanks for posting. Very interesting!

Wow. Re: the opening guy. Talk about begging the questions. And having no understanding of what (at least) the Judeo-Christian tradition "teaches."

You don't even have to be Christian to understand that a creation requires a creator. Keep going up the chain until you find the First Cause. That would be God in this paradigm.

Wasn't as enthused as the audience was wrt the responder's take. But okay.

Back to the beginning of the video.... I was more floored by a supposed smart dud(e) at the critics' table thinking he could get away with his ridiculously juvenile assertions. Along the line of the famous (?), "If God is all powerful can He/she/it create a rock so heavy that He/she/it can't lift it?" Know a bit about logic and you know how utterly asinine he's being.

That's my secular take.

My Christian take:

We Christians, as both adherents and evangelizers, are too easily stumped because we have a pre-school understanding of what the Faith teaches. I try to live by 1 Peter 3:15: "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." (NIV)

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Answer this question incorrectly in a catholic school and you get a few whacks with the yardstick.

jrt_ms1995

The concept was invented by the brighter early humans to get the dumber ones to feed them so they wouldn't have to work/hunt/etc. themselves.