Where do I go

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Showtime Deli? I've heard people rave about their reubens but still have not had one myself. On my list..

NextJen

Raisin cane
I can't attest to it being the best, and actually I have never had it off of their menu, but I hear tell it is good - Chesapeake Grille and Deli in Dunkirk.
I can speak to other items on their menu being really good, so, it may be worth a try if you are in that area.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Marie's Diner in LaPlata.

But really you'd go to Chick & Ruth's in Annapolis. They have the best corned beef and sandwiches in general in the United States.

Chris0nllyn

I can't attest to it being the best, and actually I have never had it off of their menu, but I hear tell it is good - Chesapeake Grille and Deli in Dunkirk.
I can speak to other items on their menu being really good, so, it may be worth a try if you are in that area.

It's pretty good. I'm a fan of The Rachel from Chesapeake Grille. Instead of corned beef and sauerkraut, The Rachel has hot pastrami and coleslaw along with the standard thousand island, swiss, and rye bread.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's pretty good. I'm a fan of The Rachel from Chesapeake Grille. Instead of corned beef and sauerkraut, The Rachel has hot pastrami and coleslaw along with the standard thousand island, swiss, and rye bread.

Dang...that sounds good. All these places are so far away for me though... Bowie..Annapolis..White Plains..Dunkirk...almost the end of the erf.

I love a good reuben, but often disappointed. Some places love to stack it up, which is nice, but it never gets hot inside. Or so much 'kraut that it just falls out everywhere.

Chick and Ruth's makes a pretty good sammich, but I always found it to be overly greasy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I love a good reuben, but often disappointed.

The Arby's reuben was a HUGE disappointment. I guess my expectations were unreasonable...they make their sammiches look so good in theTV commercials and I shoulda known better.

SamSpade

I just made reuben sliders yesterday, but your house is probably better than mine as my side dish is beer. Everything I cook tastes better with alcohol.

We have a system by now. Wife crock pots the corned beef until just a little underdone - chilled in fridge until cool enough to slice.
Use the slicer to cut them thin, chill again. Get out the sandwich griller, panini or Jewish rye bread and stack it up with corned beef and swiss.
Add the rest after cooked. Best if you don't overdo the kraut and thousand island.

The other kids have their favorites - son just likes ham and cheese; middle daughter likes jalapeno cheese bread with pepper jack, youngest tends to pick whatever looks good. I also like to make Cubans.