Where does it go?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So if you have a different opinion... Biblically based, then you should site your research. Please don't hijack this very important question simply to argue... it's important to a lot of people.... at least one Christian that I am working with has asked this important question.... and she deserves the honest truth based on the Bible.
Then you need to ignore everything he says. It has been more than proven on here that his opinions are FAR from the truth. He doesn't believe the Bible (No matter what he says) and his statements clearly show that.

hotcoffee

You are basing your position on this "the quick and the dead in Christ shall rise" and I agree with that.

It says "the dead" shall rise which is what it means to have a resurrection.

Your own given text does NOT say that living souls burning in hell will rise - no, it says that "the quick" the living people and the "dead in Christ" so even the dead in Christ are NOT in heaven because if they were then they would not be dead.

Dead means dead, so if some people are still alive and living in a Heaven or in a hell then they are NOT dead, and yet we know that they are dead.

The Bible does not make this mistake because the Bibles teaches about a resurrection where every person throughout humanity will be saved from death and enter into the coming Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.

The Bible does NOT get this wrong - no - it is the orthodox teachings of Christianity that gets it wrong.

:angel:

Then you need to ignore everything he says. It has been more than proven on here that his opinions are FAR from the truth. He doesn't believe the Bible (No matter what he says) and his statements clearly show that.

It scares me that some people are so blatantly evil.....

The God I know.... the one that wins in the End... will forgive me for saying this....
It scares me that some people might actually vote for him....

JP knows that I have written volumns with him about politics.... I don't like him misleading people on the forums.... I really hope everyone knows that he is merely a joke.... Laugh when you see Cussick on the Ballot.... it's a little joke... save your vote for the real candidates... please.... I won't say anymore on the topic.... guess I'm hijacking my own thread.... :coffee:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Not scriptural, but you can Google Don Piper and "90 Minutes in Heaven." The story is fascinating, hard to believe, and yet the physical evidence of everything but his Heaven experience is there. According to the scriptures and according to this story, the spirit leaves the body at the moment of death.
Yes but Piper embellishes a lot in his book when compared to Scripture. He's a sensationalist.

StoneThrower

If we go according to the Bible then the body and soul are the exact same thing.

:whistle:

Gee, I heard of a Dichotomy and Trichotomy ...... Leave it to you to come up with something other.

What about the spirit, in your world is that the soul or another entity?

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

Gee, I heard of a Dichotomy and Trichotomy ...... Leave it to you to come up with something other.

What about the spirit, in your world is that the soul or another entity?

I believe mine could be called as a Singular-otomy or singularity as in one (1) piece or one person each, or single one etc.

The difference between a soul and a spirit is rather clearly defined by a funeral ceremony where King Solomon said this:

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." KJV, Ecclesiastes 12:7

Verse 5 "long home" means death, and "mourners" on the street means a public funeral.

Verse 7 - the dust returning to the earth is the same as Genesis 3:19 "for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

The spirit returning to God is NOT saying that it goes to Hell or to Heaven, as it is just the life force as like electricity, and the spirit is not the person or the soul.

Any person's body and life is just one (singularity) and it is not divided into a body and soul and spirit as we are not 3 in one.

:whistle: