Where is the best place to get ripped off?

FED_UP

I took my car in for a 90,000 mile service. The sales lady called me and said I had a leaking oil pan, bad battery and a worn hose of some sort. Extra couple hundred bucks. Next week...my mom puts her van in at Toyota of southern maryland for 180,000 mile service on her toyota van. Same lady calls her and wouldn't you know it she told my mom she had a leaking oil pan, bad battery and a worn hose. Coincedence....I think not!!

WTF :killingme

Justme2

ArkRescue I was thinking more in the lines of making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and any association they may be a member of also.

Good Idea!!!! I Like it Ark Rescue. Will DO!!! :howdy:

CEB2008

A couple months ago Mr tire in mechanicsville said i needed new ball bearings and it would cost me $800 BUT i looked online and found out the parts was WAY less than what they said, it cost me $400 instead. Nice try Mr tire :evil:

Oh and recently got a new radiator old one was leaking bad Got it fixed at Gilorys towing and service in White plains AWESOME guy he fixed it plus new coolent/antifreeze and a computer scan (for check engine light) for $400 (easily 700 or more at mr tire) Highly recommended :biggrin:

ciwmj

Nah, the Mr. Tire in Dunkirk. They break extra stuff for you while your car is there.

Mr.Tire in L.P.City. Wife went there to have a battery installed, I was out of town,they saw it was a woman ,told her that a new battery was installed. The next a.m. the car had a dead battery. I checked and found the old battery was still in the car. I went to Mr. Tire and had a discusion with them . Got a refund ,went elsewhere and bought a battery.Have never spent another cent with Mr. Tire and never will.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I bought a set of tires with warranty at a different Mr. Tire than the Waldorf store that I went to for the free tire rotation. They told me I was supposed to go back to the store I bought the tires from, but I said no it says right here on the receipt that I can go to any Mr. Tire.

Well they left me sitting in the waiting room for over an hour and I finally left. Would I ever go back in there again? NO!

The next time I needed a set of tires I bought them somewhere else, and so do the rest of my family members, and most of the people I know. They sure can lose a lot of business just by screwing 1 person over ya' know? All they had to do was rotate the dayum tires!

A couple months ago Mr tire in mechanicsville said i needed new ball bearings and it would cost me $800 BUT i looked online and found out the parts was WAY less than what they said, it cost me $400 instead. Nice try Mr tire :evil:

Oh and recently got a new radiator old one was leaking bad Got it fixed at Gilorys towing and service in White plains AWESOME guy he fixed it plus new coolent/antifreeze and a computer scan (for check engine light) for $400 (easily 700 or more at mr tire) Highly recommended :biggrin:

FED_UP

Sounds like Mr Tire sucks, I don't use them anyway. Never had a problem with Curtis Tire on Great Mills road.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I need to start a thread..this guy on St Andrews church road reemed us good the other day...J put on new breaks and roaters...needed help w the calibers but we had them already..took them to him (down a drive between 2 trailers last name Abell) he charged $180 just to put them on ..J said it should have been an easy job..what do you all think..

Did you call around to a couple of different shops and ask what the estimated charge would be to get an idea if this place charged you too much?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Not to be confused with Southern Wheel & Hubcap which I believe is on the same road in Waldorf. I've bought tires and had some work done at Southern Wheel & Hubcap and so far I have no complaints about the place.

Southern Tire & Auto Centers in Waldorf. Went in for an alignment so I could pass inspection. Was the only thing I failed on MD inspection. Southern Tire refused to do the alignment because I supposedly needed new ball joints. Estimated cost they told me was $800. Went to Goodyear in Bryans Road and they did it with no problem. Went to Myers in Waldorf for inspection and passed no problem. Why did I need new ball joints just to get an alignment? Not to mention, they were not keeping me from passing inspec. ???? Nuts. I think because I'm young and they could tell I really didnt know much about cars.

FED_UP

Not to be confused with Southern Wheel & Hubcap which I believe is on the same road in Waldorf. I've bought tires and had some work done at Southern Wheel & Hubcap and so far I have no complaints about the place.

Ark let me know if you ever need your fluids checked :howdy:

FED_UP

I should have KNOWN that was what you meant .....

that was :whoosh: on my part I guess ? :whistle:

be careful or I'll sic baja on ya.

I will have to charge you about 399.00 though. What is the going rate for a mechanic, about 68 bucks an hour for labor. 10% discount this week only.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
... sorry but middle-aged women only pay for it when he's half her age LOL ... well so I hear anyway .....

I will have to charge you about 399.00 though. What is the going rate for a mechanic, about 68 bucks an hour for labor. 10% discount this week only.