Where to buy furniture?

dmbme

Where is(are) the best place(places) to buy furniture in area(we live in Lex Park)?
We're looking for some good dinning chairs?
We look at Reilly's and are considering some chairs from there. We look at Thomason and the prices are very high there. We want good quality but at not so extreme prices. Thanks in advance.:smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You might also try Moore's Furniture in Mechanicsville. It's on the right hand side before the bingo hall. You might also go over the 301 bridge into VA, go through the light and a few more miles is one of those Carolina outlet stores on the right. I bought mine at the room store in Waldorf, but that was 8 years ago. Ikea at Potomac Mills also has good prices and big variety.

K

Katie

I got my bedroom furniture from Value City Furniture in Waldorf. I know they have much more then just bedroom.

Christy

b*tch rocket
If you're looking for dining room furniture, check with the local Amish. They'll build what you want for a decent price. All of our kitchen/dining room furniture us Amish made and it's beautiful.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by bluto
Go to Lay-Z-Boy in Waldorf. Some recliners will look stylish around the dining room table, it's the new black.

:lmao: That would TOTALLY work at my house! :cheers:

K

Katie

Originally posted by Christy
If you're looking for dining room furniture, check with the local Amish. They'll build what you want for a decent price. All of our kitchen/dining room furniture us Amish made and it's beautiful.
\

I am going to talk to them about building me a new dining room table. The one I have now is HUGE and more then I need. :)

S

ShellyCW

Value City has dining room furniture too. They have the same stuff as everyone else but at really good prices. The customer service is usually mediocre to poor, though.

SmallTown

Football season!
I have to disagree on one point. I keep hearing how wonderful Value City is, but I had never been there. Well, with all the talk, I went there this weekend and I can say it isn't that great. Prices may be good, but it isn't quite what you find at other stores. I definately wouldn't buy something there that I would consider a "long term" purchase such as a nice master bedroom set or dining room furniture. It would be ok for a 2nd bedroom or kids furniture, and maybe even a den.

K

Katie

Originally posted by SmallTown
I have to disagree on one point. I keep hearing how wonderful Value City is, but I had never been there. Well, with all the talk, I went there this weekend and I can say it isn't that great. Prices may be good, but it isn't quite what you find at other stores. I definately wouldn't buy something there that I would consider a "long term" purchase such as a nice master bedroom set or dining room furniture. It would be ok for a 2nd bedroom or kids furniture, and maybe even a den.

Well right now at this time I don't have the cash to spend 3 or 4 thousand on a bedroom set.

K

Kizzy

I just bought a new dinning room set 3 weeks ago. If your looking for just chairs, forget it. I found that I couldn't match the chairs, plus the discounts really come into play when you buy the table and chairs. A single chair ranged from $99-$149 per chair, depending on what your looking for, but the sets ranged from $499-$2000.

Try the Oak Post in White Plains. I bought a solid oak dinning room table with 6 chairs for $730.00, which I thought was a great price.

K

Kizzy

But the way, the Oak Post is located on Rt. 301 near Demar Road in White Plains (Charles County). PM me if you need directions.

SxyPrincess

Get a few cinder blocks and some plywood. You can stain the plywood any color you like, and if you get the right table cloth, the cinder's won't be visible. :wink: Crates work well as chairs.

Not a bad 'Shabby Chic' look, eh? :bubble:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
You can try Marlo, up by the beltway. They have sales all the time. Got our living room on 3 years same as cash. Amish are not that cheap, good quality though.

RodRugg

All I can say is DO NOT go to Wilburtson's in Cecilville. Belive me. You WILL regret it. I went with my grandma there to get a sofa, two chairs, an ottoman, a book case, and a statue. They took us in the back to look at the statue and they immediately punched me in the stomach till I couldn't breathe. Then the statue was made of spray painted fiberboard and they made us buy it anyway. My grandma wanted a statue of an eagle with an American hat flying circles around a dead alligator. The statue they made us buy was just fiberboard shaped like a sea shell. Then they dropped our couch putting it on the truck and ripped it to shreds. We hated that place and we will never go back there unless we need some lamps.

K

Kizzy

My grandmother lives with me! :banghead:

Also, Rod might I suggest you invest in learning how to fight, since you seem to get your arse kicked often.

K

Kizzy

She went to Alexandria and stayed with a friend. She had planned that in advance, but otherwise she would have been there.