Where to buy shoes ??

Eventer29

My blacksmith is looking for a place that sells (horse)shoes near me. He is comming from Bowie and usually drives up to Timonium to get his supplies. Would like some place between Bowie and me (Calvert county). With all the farriers/blacksmiths in the area I figure there has to be something closer right? We need reg steel shoes as well as aluminum.

F

finickyfilly

My blacksmith is looking for a place that sells (horse)shoes near me. He is comming from Bowie and usually drives up to Timonium to get his supplies. Would like some place between Bowie and me (Calvert county). With all the farriers/blacksmiths in the area I figure there has to be something closer right? We need reg steel shoes as well as aluminum.
I am surprised he doesn't have plenty on hand if he is a farrier, most carry boxes with plenty of sizes with them. Probably Riceville Harness shop, He would better know the where abouts to obtain materials for his job.

Eventer29

Right now I am the only client he has "down here" he does most of his work at the tracks or up near Columbia where he lives. He was comming out to shoe a few today but does not have enough shoes and we were hoping for something between the 2 of us to avoid the extra drive up the road to the place he usually gets his supplies. He knows of a few places in the Baltimore area but nothing down here.

Cowgirl

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that he can't find his own shoes? Even if you aren't located near his usual clients, he should be prepared to shoe your horses.

natbugs

tractor supply in laplata has shoes...kinda out of the way , but if he comes down 301 to TS then comes over to calvert...that could work

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn

There's a shop on the right as soon as you get onto Pincushion Rd... It's right near Stauffers...I know it's outta the way but just in case.

Last edited: