Where to Find...?

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife and I were sitting at Sonic on Sunday (every now and then you just want a fool long chilli and cheese coney :lol:) talking about what we'd like to eat that we haven't had in a long time. I told her that it's been forever since I had a Monte Cristo sandwich.

Is there anywhere in SMC or the Solomons area where you can get one?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My wife and I were sitting at Sonic on Sunday (every now and then you just want a fool long chilli and cheese coney :lol:) talking about what we'd like to eat that we haven't had in a long time. I told her that it's been forever since I had a Monte Cristo sandwich.

I know it isn't exactly the same, but this is similar: Croque Monsieur, served at Pier 450

Croque Monsieur is a hot sandwich made with French ham, Gruyere cheese, and occasionally béchamel sauce. Monte Cristo is actually a variation of Croque Monsieur. Additionally to the original recipe, a Monte Cristo sandwich is dipped in egg, pan-fried or deep-fried, then served with a dusting of powdered sugar.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I told her that it's been forever since I had a Monte Cristo sandwich.

I don't think any one restaurant around here serves them anymore. The one I remember was Bennigan's but that closed many years ago. The one I had a couple of years ago had a brown sauce rather than the jelly sauce expected. :sshrug:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
For the longest time, I called them Monty Crisco, because I thought you fried in in Crisco.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Adams Ribs had them about 10 years ago.
Buddy and I stopped in there for lunch, when we were coming back from DC area.
Prince Frederick?

I guess they changed the name.