Where to go biking?

Gwydion

Anybody know of a good bike trail down here in SOMD? I've been biking from SMCM down to Monks and back, but I was hoping there would be an...off-road trail. I know there are some through historic St. Mary's, but is there anywhere else around?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Anybody know of a good bike trail down here in SOMD? I've been biking from SMCM down to Monks and back, but I was hoping there would be an...off-road trail. I know there are some through historic St. Mary's, but is there anywhere else around?

Just open your eyes, they are all around you.

There are off road trails all along the route you speak of, and off of 235 (Hop across either Mattapanny or Trapp.

St Jeromes is a good road to bike, some nice hills, not too busy.. 8 miles down and back out again (to the BAY).

Listen for ATV's and follow your ears to off road trails.. People down t his way use their ATV's to go to the General STore/ Bar.. so there are a LOT of trails down here.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
St. Mary's Lake.
Rt 5 north turn right on Camp Cosoma Rd approx. 1.5-2.0 miles past the 249 intersection. Follow to the end, there are trails all around the impoundment just watch out for the horsey people.

I'm assuming you mean non-motorized. If so there is a trail around St Marys lake, about a 10 mile loop with some fun places.

Harvick29

I bike from Lexington Park to St Mary's City , it's nice and quiet during the daytime. Trapp Road is also good.

Gwydion

Thanks for the ideas all! I just went from 246 up to wildewood and back today. Perhaps next week I can try out some of these!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
St. Mary's Lake.
Rt 5 north turn right on Camp Cosoma Rd approx. 1.5-2.0 miles past the 249 intersection. Follow to the end, there are trails all around the impoundment just watch out for the horsey people.

:yeahthat: its a killer....

St. Mary's city, the trails down Rosecroft Dr.

I think Greenwell?

Thanks for the ideas all! I just went from 246 up to wildewood and back today. Perhaps next week I can try out some of these!

Also, but I've never tried it. There is a hunting area between Kmart and Indian Bridge rd. Lots of foot trails made by hunters, lots of water crossings and hills. I think it would be more challanging than St Marys lake. I also doubt if anyone would bother you if you rode the power line roads.

L

littledarling

St. Mary's lake has nice trails too. Hubby and I biked around the lake last year and it was a good time.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Also, but I've never tried it. There is a hunting area between Kmart and Indian Bridge rd. Lots of foot trails made by hunters, lots of water crossings and hills. I think it would be more challanging than St Marys lake. I also doubt if anyone would bother you if you rode the power line roads.

The hunting areas between K-mart and Indian bridge would be a bit rough for a biker. We ride the horses on that side once in a while and it's not made for anything other than hunting. There aren't really any clear trails unless you want to cut them as you go to get to the power lines. :howdy:

The hunting areas between K-mart and Indian bridge would be a bit rough for a biker. We ride the horses on that side once in a while and it's not made for anything other than hunting. There aren't really any clear trails unless you want to cut them as you go to get to the power lines. :howdy:

Could be. The last time I was there was a few years ago. At the access at the end of Old Rolling Rd there were two trails that headed out to the left and right. The one to the left petered out pretty quickly, but the other got us pretty far back in the woods.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Getting geared up for St. Mary's Lake but for now my son and I enjoy Myrtle Point Park located at the end of Patuxent Blvd. Point Lookout in the A.M. is always good right before sunrise.