Where to ride/board/train

S

saddlesore

As a newby here, I've been asking around the tack shops for good places to board my horse and train. One name mentioned several times was Flat Iron Farm (sp?), with Julia? Does anyone have any opinions? I hate to start some place, not have it work out, and then have to move my horse :-(
TIA!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
saddlesore said:
As a newby here, I've been asking around the tack shops for good places to board my horse and train. One name mentioned several times was Flat Iron Farm (sp?), with Julia? Does anyone have any opinions? I hate to start some place, not have it work out, and then have to move my horse :-(
TIA!!

Its Julie.....she is very nice and easy to get along with at least for me...Its hard to say if a place will work or not...I would just try and if you have to move you have to move...you wont know till you "live it" good luck..

lsantagata79

saddlesore said:
TIA!!

You would think by now Flat Iron Farm would have developed other ways to advertise, rather than creating a faux thread to drum up business...try the Equiery...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
lsantagata79 said:
You would think by now Flat Iron Farm would have developed other ways to advertise, rather than creating a faux thread to drum up business...try the Equiery...

:lmao:

:popcorn:

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
Its Julie.....she is very nice and easy to get along with at least for me...Its hard to say if a place will work or not...I would just try and if you have to move you have to move...you wont know till you "live it" good luck..

:howdy: Thanks. That's a good, sensible way to look at it. I get a little carried away worrying about my horse - guess I'm a bit neurotic, huh?

S

saddlesore

lsantagata79 said:

Huh?? :elaine: Did I miss something?? Anybody???

fredsaid2

lsantagata79 said:

That's funny!

On a serious note, here's the link for The Equiery. It lists barns by county, not all of them but most. FI is a lesson barn, you may or may not be comfortable working around lessons. It has a small indoor and like sized outdoor. Holly Point is the other local barn w/ more amenities like a large indoor and outdoor ring. Do a quick search on this forum for past threads that listed names and ph numbers. Hope you find something that works well for you!

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
lsantagata79 said:

SadieLady is that you again? :smack:

Amy

Flat Iron just got a new outdoor ring. They took the old dressage ring and expanded it and added fencing.

I would just pick a view and go visit and see where you feel the most comfortable.

Fred is right the Equiery is a great resource.

K

Katie

Amy said:
Flat Iron just got a new outdoor ring. They took the old dressage ring and expanded it and added fencing.

I would just pick a view and go visit and see where you feel the most comfortable.

Fred is right the Equiery is a great resource.

You going to be at the barn tonight?

I need to do some yard work, but will stop by there on my way home from work to tell them to keep Ashton. I will be there around 8 or so.

Tonia

Flat Iron

I board at Flat Iron Farm and I like it there. I would shop around and look at a few barns and then make a decision. I dont have any qualms about Flat Iron Farm or its staff. They take good care of my horse.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Winn Dixie said:
SadieLady is that you again? :smack:
I already told you.....I am not the one with the multiple personality disorder. Isn't that you with MPD, or KerryAnn, or so many of your personalities that appear when there is a difference of opinion or want to advertise for free? :razz:

Amy

Katie said:
You going to be at the barn tonight?

Yes, I will be there. I hope to get there a little before 8. All of my stuff is already in the car. I am leaving straight from work. So I will see you then!

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Tonia said:
I board at Flat Iron Farm and I like it there. I would shop around and look at a few barns and then make a decision. I dont have any qualms about Flat Iron Farm or its staff. They take good care of my horse.
:yeahthat: I don't board there but I think Flat Iron Farm is beautiful! :flowers:

Duckz

saddlesore said:
TIA!!

A couple other places are Holly Point and A Moment in Time (AMIT), both in Leonardtown. I kept my horse at AMIT for awhile, it's great as long as your horse is doesn't need a stall. Holly Point is pricier, but they have an indoor ring. Good luck :howdy:

S

saddlesore

Duckz said:
A couple other places are Holly Point and A Moment in Time (AMIT), both in Leonardtown. I kept my horse at AMIT for awhile, it's great as long as your horse is doesn't need a stall. Holly Point is pricier, but they have an indoor ring. Good luck :howdy:
Thanks for the info.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Sadielady said:
I already told you.....I am not the one with the multiple personality disorder. Isn't that you with MPD, or KerryAnn, or so many of your personalities that appear when there is a difference of opinion or want to advertise for free? :razz:
:yay:

N

Not4you

saddlesore said:
TIA!![/QUOTE
PM me and I will tell you whatever I can about the farms in St. Mary's. Some are good, some are a waste of time.
Welcome to the friggin' nut house.

Loper

Animal Poor!
saddlesore said:
TIA!!

Hi Saddlesore welcome :howdy:
Depending upon what you are looking for if it's full care or self care or somewhere in between there are lots of places. If you are looking for self care, Glen Mary Farm in ParkHall has openings. They don't have many ammenities for riding other than lots of farm space for trails but it's on the cheaper side for boarding and you do get a stall.

S

saddlesore

Thanks to all for your advice. :flowers: I did look in the Equierry and the flyers at all the tack shops. (Maybe I'll try and find my way to Eelam's this weekend - that is, if I can find the big oak tree :razz: )

I'm just trying to do my homework up front, to cut down on driving to every single farm in SoMD, you know? I'm looking for full care - don't mind doing it myself, but it's nice to have a backup in case you want to go on holiday! An indoor is nice for winter riding, but just as important is access to lots of trails!

Thanks, everybody :flowers: