Where's the worst place you've ever visited?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Spent the night in Abuja, Nigeria during a trip with President Bush, that place was a scary $h!t hole. At least when we flew into Baghdad or Afghanistan we didn't leave AF1 and was surrounded by heavily armed security. I miss those days, lol

glhs837

Power with Control
Las Vegas. I hated every minute of the 5 days I was there. I felt like every nerve in my body was under constant assault the entire time.

Felt like that in Chennai India. The second you left the hotel, every single sense was under assault. Horns, smells, traffic.....

gemma_rae

I worked for a company that did the plumbing on a new highrise that sits at East Capitol & Southern in 74/75. Five of us that lived in Md car pooled to the job in an old beat up milk truck because if you parked on the street around that job, your car was gonna get vandalized. Only good thing about that job was that it was govt scale and I was making $13.60 an hour(which was bank at the time)
I know that building! First floor had some retail areas, like a small shopping center at first, then just nail salons and liquor stores. It had more bars than the D.C. jail. It's gone now and I checked Google Maps, it's now called the East Capitol Urban Farm and there's a greenhouse there! UFB! I've got to go to D.C. sometime, so much has changed it's unbelievable!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Las Vegas. I hated every minute of the 5 days I was there. I felt like every nerve in my body was under constant assault the entire time.

Las Vegas smells like dead people. You'll be walking along and catch a whiff.....ugh, what is that??? We found out that it's because animals and the occasional human die and rot in the sewage system and it takes awhile for them to get cleaned out. :)

I don't hate Vegas but it was definitely a one and done for me.

gemma_rae

Yep, and DC was designed by L'Enfant to be a model of neo-classical seat of democracy. Yet we have Ward 8 just several miles (as the crow flies) from the marble columns and monuments.
Just pointing out that next to any nice touristy area can be a slum.
If one reads Dostoevsky (wehhh... too dark and dense), he describes horrible slums in St. P mere hundred years from its founding. Slum people will make anything slummy.
Capitol Hill is like that. You have a row house that is the epitome of opulence, with 13 foot ceilings and Italian Crystal chandeliers and a postage stamp sized front lawn with a golf course looking grass. The next door, a bare light bulb hanging from a cord and not a single blade of grass, the epitome of desolation. F'ing weird!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Capitol Hill is like that.

I found it was usually a couple of blocks over ..... like the further east you went away from Capitol Hill .... like past 12th st

[ this was 90 / 95 when I was doing plumbing work all over DC - mostly though North of the Mall and West of North Capitol St]

Grumpy

I know that building! First floor had some retail areas, like a small shopping center at first, then just nail salons and liquor stores. It had more bars than the D.C. jail. It's gone now and I checked Google Maps, it's now called the East Capitol Urban Farm and there's a greenhouse there! UFB! I've got to go to D.C. sometime, so much has changed it's unbelievable!
Yep..thats the one and I thought it had been torn down but wasn't sure. We had an office trailer on-site and my first job was to put bars on the trailer windows.

gemma_rae

I found it was usually a couple of blocks over ..... like the further east you went away from Capitol Hill .... like past 12th st

[ this was 90 / 95 when I was doing plumbing work all over DC - mostly though North of the Mall and West of North Capitol St]
I'm specifically talking about East Capitol from 3rd St to Lincoln Park which starts at 11th St. in the 80's and 90's.

gemma_rae

Were you the one in the 6" FMPs and the blonde Dolly wig?
Honest to God. I saw a BBW (Big Beautiful Woman) with both, white girl in a mini-skirt, with greasy hand prints on the back of her thighs. :faint:For the life of me I couldn't figure out what position she could have possibly been in to get hand prints in the angle that they were? This was late 80's before they cleaned up the 14th St NW corridor.

AND I WASN'T GOING TO ASK!

GregV814

Myrtle Beach during BLACK BIKE WEEK. Got into an altercation with front desk staff at Cove Club.