Where's your favorite place

lovinmaryland

Not an off night - their food has gone way downhill. The beer is still good, though, and the view can't be beat.
Are you familiar w/ the Ruddy Duck in Piney Point? Ive been to the one in solomons but not that location. I was impressed w/ the food but ambiance is just ehh.
I wouldn't take anyone to Vera's for a good dinner.

I would, however, take them there on a summer afternoon for their crab specials.

For a good dinner, I'd go to Jerry's Seafood in Prince Frederick. (Though your wallet may not like it)

Is the food good enough for out of towners to get past the fact I'm taking them someplace located next to a Mr. Tire? We still havent been and threw their name out there but were kinda like hmmmm I wonder what the reaction would be when we pulled up :lol:

Hank

my war
Are you familiar w/ the Ruddy Duck in Piney Point? Ive been to the one in solomons but not that location. I was impressed w/ the food but ambiance is just ehh.

Is the food good enough for out of towners to get past the fact I'm taking them someplace located next to a Mr. Tire? We still havent been and threw their name out there but were kinda like hmmmm I wonder what the reaction would be when we pulled up :lol:

I hate that about Jerry's.... If Jerry's was at Vera's location, that would be money!!!

Vera's is good enough food for the ambiance..

lovinmaryland

I hate that about Jerry's.... If Jerry's was at Vera's location, that would be money!!!

Vera's is good enough food for the ambiance..

It was kind of a let down last year when we took her to The Pier and the food was crappy. You could tell she wasnt impressed.

Maybe we could head over early have a drink at the pier watch the sunset then get dinner at Jerry's.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was kind of a let down last year when we took her to The Pier and the food was crappy. You could tell she wasnt impressed.

A friend was visiting from FL awhile back and he wanted a "really good crabcake", so I took him to the Pier with some other people. Terrible. And embarrassing because where he lives is a foodie heaven.

Maybe we could head over early have a drink at the pier watch the sunset then get dinner at Jerry's.
What about The Lighthouse? I love meeting friends there for lunch or dinner. The view is nice from the dining area and you could still plan on catching the sunset without having to drive somewhere else.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What about The Lighthouse? I love meeting friends there for lunch or dinner. The view is nice from the dining area and you could still plan on catching the sunset without having to drive somewhere else.

Ooh, this! Great idea! Great view, food is terrific, can't go wrong. :yay:

Tami2red

Last time we had family in town we went to the Pier...looking for good food and ambiance...but it wasnt very good :frown: Might have been an off night.

How can I be here this long and never hear of those places :confused:

Courtney's is in Ridge. It's at the end of Wynne Rd.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Back Creek Bistro has a great view of the marina, bridge and sunset. Food is good, too.

Chris0nllyn

Yes, but that being said, I'm NOT a picky person when it comes to food. If it's edible, fine with me. If service is bad, deal breaker. If the food is bad, I simply won't go back.

Now, I would take someone there simply because of the views. The food is not "bad", and I'd even venture to say it's gotten better recently.

The Mr. Tire thing can be a eyebrow raiser, but it's hard to beat what he's got going on there.

Another option with great outdoor seating/views is River's Edge in Benedict.

http://riversedgebenedict.com/

Be warned though, it's been hit or miss lately. We used to go a lot when they first opened. The hush puppies (free) and mussles were always a must-eat. Lately, quality has really dropped off, and I hate to spread rumors because I don't know, but I spoke with a few waitresses (and ex-waitresses) and I believe they have a different chef and a hard headed owner (you walk through the "store room" to go eat outside, despite many people saying it shouldn't be there).

lovinmaryland

A friend was visiting from FL awhile back and he wanted a "really good crabcake", so I took him to the Pier with some other people. Terrible. And embarrassing because where he lives is a foodie heaven.

Yea felt the same way. Theyre coming from San Diego IMO foodie heaven as well also.

Ok so the food is good there? Never been there either!
Wonderful. I don't eat seafood and have always been happy with the chicken or beef dish I selected. My friends end up always ordering something seafood and are always happy with the results.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they don't crowd the tables too close together.

Okay, to me "ambience" implies a soft-lite, romantic, cozy setting and I could see wanting that for a couples dinner, but not a family gathering event. I think the inside is done up very pleasing to the eye and a friendly environment.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Wonderful. I don't eat seafood and have always been happy with the chicken or beef dish I selected. My friends end up always ordering something seafood and are always happy with the results.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they don't crowd the tables too close together.

I vote for Lighthouse too. Great views and the décor isn't as tacky as the Pier :lol: I still kind of think the menu leaves just a little to be desired (their salads are outrageously overpriced) but I seem to always luck out with their specials of the day and wind up getting those and have enjoyed all of them...and their service is at least better than the Pier which says something :yay: