Which boarding barns are which?

QHlover

Hi, I'm new to the board. I think this is really great. I have a question I'm sure you have done before but I really need some help. I'm moving into the area in about 8 months. Looking to live somewhere between Charlotte Hall and Dentsville.I have a QH.There are so many barns listed under different lists. I'm going to go broke calling them all to see what their specialty is and whether it is a place I'd like to look at. I've looked at all the websites I could find. Buddy and I like to trail ride calmly, we do some dressage but not intensely and have been taking Centered Riding lessons. We don't compete. I'd like the option of bringing in my own teacher if the barn doesn't do Center Riding. I'd like to keep it lowkey and not too control-freakish. Around where I am there are a lot of hard-driving horse people and they make life a little nerve-wracking. I don't care if it is Charles County or St. Mary's County. I drive 40 miles a day now to ride. Can anyone suggest a good barn or eliminate a barn from my 2 lists? One's from Equierry and forgot where I got the other list. Any help would be appreciated. Hard to find the right barn. Thanks so much. Love Southern MD! :coffee:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
QHlover said:
Hi, I'm new to the board. I think this is really great. I have a question I'm sure you have done before but I really need some help. I'm moving into the area in about 8 months. Looking to live somewhere between Charlotte Hall and Dentsville.I have a QH.There are so many barns listed under different lists. I'm going to go broke calling them all to see what their specialty is and whether it is a place I'd like to look at. I've looked at all the websites I could find. Buddy and I like to trail ride calmly, we do some dressage but not intensely and have been taking Centered Riding lessons. We don't compete. I'd like the option of bringing in my own teacher if the barn doesn't do Center Riding. I'd like to keep it lowkey and not too control-freakish. Around where I am there are a lot of hard-driving horse people and they make life a little nerve-wracking. I don't care if it is Charles County or St. Mary's County. I drive 40 miles a day now to ride. Can anyone suggest a good barn or eliminate a barn from my 2 lists? One's from Equierry and forgot where I got the other list. Any help would be appreciated. Hard to find the right barn. Thanks so much. Love Southern MD! :coffee:

Hi QH and welcome. There are several barns and you should get plenty of info from here on them. I do know of a property where you can live and keep your horse that is available now. PM if you want the information. :howdy:

SerenitStables

QHlover said:

Please check your Private Messages!! And welcome! :smile:

quartermom

Low & Slow
QHlover said:

Welcome glad to meet another QH person :howdy: