Which VHF marine radio???

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I'm driving myself nuts here.

I want a radio for the boat. Fixed mount, Class D DSC, a REAL 25 watt output:rolleyes:, multichannel scanning, waterproof, and needs to be loud enough to hear over wind noise with a center console.

Too many damn choices and I can't find a legitimate comparison online! They either compare two radios with a $500 difference in price, or compare ten, talk about the good points, skip the bad points, and say "they're all great..."

WTF?!

LordStanley

I know nothing

I want a radio for the boat. Fixed mount, Class D DSC, a REAL 25 watt output:rolleyes:, multichannel scanning, waterproof, and needs to be loud enough to hear over wind noise with a center console.

Too many damn choices and I can't find a legitimate comparison online! They either compare two radios with a $500 difference in price, or compare ten, talk about the good points, skip the bad points, and say "they're all great..."

WTF?!

Marine VHF Radios from Icom

Stay clear of West marine and boaters world. they will rape you

Dodgem250

WTF?!

Get yourself a nice cheap Uniden radio, they are just as good as any other radio on the market and they last just as long as well, plus you can figure out how to use it without having a college degree.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Standard Horozon ~ Quantum GX 5000s ~ The loudest vhf my hard of hearing ears ever ever tolerated. I have to turn it down cause it hurts.

Dont know about the waterproof part but its got everything

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Get yourself a nice cheap Uniden radio, they are just as good as any other radio on the market and they last just as long as well, plus you can figure out how to use it without having a college degree.

I'm kind of trying to avoid cheap. I've been stuck out on the water before. TOTALLY different ball game than having a flat tire ya now? :lol:

Standard Horozon ~ Quantum GX 5000s ~ The loudest vhf my hard of hearing ears ever ever tolerated. I have to turn it down cause it hurts.

Dont know about the waterproof part but its got everything

Thanks Deadeye, I've read a bit about the standard Horizons. I'm looking at those and Icom now.

seabass

I have an old Parker 17cc with a very small console . I opted for a larger color ff/chartpoltter combo to mount on the small dash and a hidden "Black Box" unit with a Ram Mike . I operate the whole unit from the handheld Ram which screws right into and installed plug on the console front .The unit I have now is discontinued but they have a new upgraded one . The radio itself is mounted remotely under the console and never has to be removed . I have it through bolted . Icom radios, ssb radios, marine vhf radios, uniden vhf radios, marine radios, vhf antenna place might have some left at a great price .