While you were out

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Redskin 1 has been a busy little jet plane this weekend. Redskins sign not 1 but 2 new receivers, Brandon Lloyd, late of the 49'ers and Antwan Randle El formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Could be a very productive 06-07 season if we can get some production out of the qb position. :yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
so much money for randle-el, 7 yrs. 31mil, I don't know if this is a smart move or not, I don't know all the ins and outs of the contract but I hope that is not all garunteed money.

kom526

I'm pretty sure that it is not all guaranteed money. If the coaching staff can incorporate El and Lloyd to spread out the coverage, I see it being a long season for opposing teams. :redskinskoolaiddrinker: Could we have a legitimate 4 WR threat now? Moss, Lloyd, Patten and Randle-El?

They also signed Christian Fauria TE. I guess Cooley will be HB full time w/ Fauria @ TE. Royal is now with Buffalo.

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I just see it as us still having one good reciever and 4 or 5 that range from a little above average to below average.

Moss
LLoyd
Randel El
Patten
Thrash
Jacobs

Is it better than last year, heck yeah, is it well spent money, I am not so sure.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
kom526 said:
I would not plan on seeing Thrash or Jacobs in the B&G next season.

O I agree, that one or both of them won't be on the team but I was just trying to point out that we still having mostly average recievers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
At what point did...

AK-74me said:
Is it better than last year, heck yeah, is it well spent money, I am not so sure.

...'well spent' enter into the equation when we're talking about Dan Snyder and his Redskins?

How about we completely forget about dollars and sense because we are talking about an owner who is paying $9 million a year for his top three coaches?

Instead, let's focus on getting the job, winning a Lombardi trophy, done, shall we?

Randal El gives the Skins a top return guy, which they were missing. He brings them an additional threat on gadget plays, especially reverses, which Gibbs loves. He brings them another run after catch guy.

Lloyd and Faria also bring help.

The real question in all of this is QB. It is a poor bet to actually think that Campbell is going to suddenly, this year, become an experienced quarterback to go with his arm and legs. It is as poor a bet to think that Brunell is going to bring arm and feet, to get younger, to go with his experience.

Plan 3 is Todd Collins, KC's back up. The guy has hung on for 12 seasons and has 17 starts and has been in 39 games. He knows Saunders system, yes, but then Ramsey knew ours. It is nothing more than an emergency stop gap if/when Brunell gets hurt and if/whenCampbell plays like a second year guy who has not taken a snap.

Let's put it this way; all the people who felt Brunells up and down play was due to not having but one receiver are fresh out of excuses.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is my busy season...

otter said:
Thought he was 26?? Not much diff anyway..:shrug:..btw, you should be on the golf course today.

...now to mid June. 70-80 degrees, nice breeze, springtime = no golf.

I get to play when it's oh, what, about 95-100 degree and no air.

Nupe2

otter said:
Thought he was 26?? Not much diff anyway..:shrug:..btw, you should be on the golf course today.

Otter: I went out to Tucson for work last week...dragged my clubs all the way out there and....temps in the 50s with strong winds and light rain! It hadn't rained in weeks before I got there! :jameo:

Now, I come back to work today...80 gd degrees! Just found out that our two office golf tournaments this year are during weeks where I'll be on travel. To make it even more ironic, one of my trips is to Aspen, CO....green fees $200+! I just can't win...perhaps chess is a better alternative, or playing with trains and wearing a funny hat. :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Nupe2 said:
Otter: I went out to Tucson for work last week...dragged my clubs all the way out there and....temps in the 50s with strong winds and light rain! It hadn't rained in weeks before I got there! :jameo:

Now, I come back to work today...80 gd degrees! Just found out that our two office golf tournaments this year are during weeks where I'll be on travel. To make it even more ironic, one of my trips is to Aspen, CO....green fees $200+! I just can't win...perhaps chess is a better alternative, or playing with trains and wearing a funny hat. :yay:

I had things to do all weekend, so I couldn't enjoy the weather on the golf course..:ohwell:

Nupe2

otter said:
I had things to do all weekend, so I couldn't enjoy the weather on the golf course..:ohwell:

That's ok, we can just join Larry out there when it's 95 - 100 degrees! I'm going down to NC for vacation this summer, I expect that it will either rain all week or be 100 degrees every day! Probably still play though. :lmao:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I think El was a good pick up, along with Llyod, you can no longer Double down on Moss.. you will have to cover us straight up now, which will be big time for our new offensive scheme comming in... we also picked up Carter now from the Niners (LB), not sure that was a very good move, but he could turn out very well being coached by a real defensive coach instead of what the Niners have had him under... but we couldnt get Abraham no matter what, they wanted a First Round Draft, which we have none already..haha... I think the other pick ups are going to be good.. Archuletta will help the D out also :yay:

I think we will definitly look tough again this season :)

BuddyLee

Football addict
Some good pick-ups. However, why in the heck would they acquire Todd Collins?:ohwell: Fix the O-line before getting a third QB.

kom526

BuddyLee said:
Some good pick-ups. However, why in the heck would they acquire Todd Collins?:ohwell: Fix the O-line before getting a third QB.
Coach w/ a uniform. Collins played under Saunders in KC, he already knows the offense in and out. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This one was obvious...

BuddyLee said:

Gotta have a third QB and this guy worked for Sanders. Easy one.