Whiskey/Bourbon

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was looking for some Irish Cream a few weeks ago at Bob's Beer Cave, and noticed that a lot distillers are making Bourbon Cream now.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was looking for some Irish Cream a few weeks ago at Bob's Beer Cave, and noticed that a lot distillers are making Bourbon Cream now.
Scott from Tobacco Barn Distillery in Hollywood had a table setup yesterday at Herring Creek Furniture's Artist Appreciation Day. Besides having a selection of bourbons and rums, he had his new Bourbon Cream. OMG does it taste good. People were commenting that it was as good, if not better, that Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. I walked away from his table with two bottles of the creme, a bottle of his bourbon, and a bottle of bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.

TPD

the poor dad
Scott from Tobacco Barn Distillery in Hollywood had a table setup yesterday at Herring Creek Furniture's Artist Appreciation Day. Besides having a selection of bourbons and rums, he had his new Bourbon Cream. OMG does it taste good. People were commenting that it was as good, if not better, that Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. I walked away from his table with two bottles of the creme, a bottle of his bourbon, and a bottle of bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.
Monday night poker game at your house for your favorite forum members and co-workers?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Monday night poker game at your house for your favorite forum members and co-workers?
I didn't buy THAT much.

I want to teach myself to be a liquor drinker. Not mixed drinks or "fancy" drinks. Just relaxing after dinner with two fingers of good liquor in a glass neat or with ice/water. Gilligan has the Scotch. I figure I'd start with bourbon and go from there.

HemiHauler

I didn't buy THAT much.

I want to teach myself to be a liquor drinker. Not mixed drinks or "fancy" drinks. Just relaxing after dinner with two fingers of good liquor in a glass neat or with ice/water. Gilligan has the Scotch. I figure I'd start with bourbon and go from there.

Tablespoon or two of water, no ice is all that is necessary. Keep your bourbon as close to room temp as possible.

Bare-ya-cuda

Tablespoon or two of water, no ice is all that is necessary. Keep your bourbon as close to room temp as possible.
Look at you, adding a new online identity! Political advisor, campaign manager, financial advisor, wine baron, world traveler, criminal justice warrior, agitator, cuck, climates activist, foodie, and now bourbon aficionado. You go on and keep identifying as the expert in everything Internet forum subject matters.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Gilligan has the Scotch. I figure I'd start with bourbon and go from there.
My preference is for Canadian whiskeys. There are premiums, other than Crown Royal.
I like the ones from Forty Creek, and the "top shelf" 100% rye from Crown Royal.

limblips

PREMO Member
So what you are saying is dilute my room temperature $150.00 bourbon with water to keep it at room temperature? As usual your comments are so Fettermanly. Can you give me any advice on what whiskey to pair with my White Owl cigar?

NextJen

Raisin cane
So what you are saying is dilute my room temperature $150.00 bourbon with water to keep it at room temperature? As usual your comments are so Fettermanly. Can you give me any advice on what whiskey to pair with my White Owl cigar?
Diluting with a little water opens up some of the sweeter notes. I prefer mine neat - no water, room temp. Once in awhile I will add a large ice cube.

Here is a good guide
https://tastersclub.com/blogs/articles/how-to-drink-bourbon

HemiHauler

LOL, you can do whatever the hell you want with your own bourbon; piss in it for all I care. All I will tell you is that every single bourbon distillery I have visited has told me that despite what the bottle proof is, the bourbon is optimal at a lesser proof. Maker's Mark will tell you around 70. Others will have different levels of what they believe to be optimal. But *all* will require a splash or two of water to achieve. Often times, I will drink with no dilution at all. Perfectly good whisky, nothing wrong with it. But when I want the whisky to taste as the distiller intends, I will add a splash of water to it.

Same is true at all Scotch distilleries I've visited, the most recent of which was the region of Campbelltown last month. Many fewer distilleries, but worth a visit.

limblips

PREMO Member
LOL, you can do whatever the hell you want with your own bourbon; piss in it for all I care. All I will tell you is that every single bourbon distillery I have visited has told me that despite what the bottle proof is, the bourbon is optimal at a lesser proof. Maker's Mark will tell you around 70. Others will have different levels of what they believe to be optimal. But *all* will require a splash or two of water to achieve. Often times, I will drink with no dilution at all. Perfectly good whisky, nothing wrong with it. But when I want the whisky to taste as the distiller intends, I will add a splash of water to it.

Same is true at all Scotch distilleries I've visited, the most recent of which was the region of Campbelltown last month. Many fewer distilleries, but worth a visit.
A tablespoon or two isn't a splash in the tasting world.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Diluting with a little water opens up some of the sweeter notes. I prefer mine neat - no water, room temp. Once in awhile I will add a large ice cube.

Here is a good guide
https://tastersclub.com/blogs/articles/how-to-drink-bourbon
The problem with this is most people’s water is crap. If it’s well water it generally has a high iron content, if it’s city water it has a lot of chlorine. The same is true for ice, but at least it has a chance for some of the chlorine to evaporate.