White after Labor Day and other fashion no-no's ...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Just saw a comment about this in another thread ... who all follows this "rule"? What other rules do you swear by when it comes to attire and accessories?

I've never been a "don't wear XXX after labor day" person because, depending on the climate/temperature, wearing XXX might be pretty darn comfortable and appropriate. And that's about how I judge what I am going to wear any other day of the year. If I'm comfortable in it, fine ... fudge the rules. :diva:

What say ya'll? :shrug:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
crabcake said:
Just saw a comment about this in another thread ... who all follows this "rule"? What other rules do you swear by when it comes to attire and accessories?

I've never been a "don't wear XXX after labor day" person because, depending on the climate/temperature, wearing XXX might be pretty darn comfortable and appropriate. And that's about how I judge what I am going to wear any other day of the year. If I'm comfortable in it, fine ... fudge the rules. :diva:

i say white thigh highs arec good any time of the year

I prefer black with the french seam upthe back and toe with frilly lace on top.

on a woman of course

W

Wenchy

crabcake said:

In the tropical areas white dress shoes/sandals are fine after Labor Day.

White tennis shoes are fine at anytime and in any locale.

Pantyhose with open toe shoes are a year-round :nono:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I agree, to an extent, on wearing what you feel comfortable in with no regard to rules. It may be warm in December here, but I'm not going to be wearing sandals, it just seems weird to me. :lmao: Like I said in the other thread (assuming that's the one you're talking about), as far as I'm aware, the "white after labor day" rule is referring to shoes. And no, I don't wear white shoes after labor day, because I don't want to.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
the "white after labor day" rule is referring to shoes. And no, I don't wear white shoes after labor day, because I don't want to.
:yeahthat: I wear my white collared just above my knee shirt from NY&Co. to work. :diva: And hopefully I'll get my white 3/4 length coat that I want for Christmas to wear, too! :biggrin:

Not wearing white after Labor Day is a silly rule. Hey, I should know, I watch What Not To Wear and they say you can wear white all year long. :yay:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
crabcake said:

I follow my own rules. I usually would not mix and match seasonal clothing items, though. I work with a lady that wears turtlenecks and slacks everyday, but with summer sandals and knee-hi's on her feet. Another wears skirts and tennis shoes.

C-Murda

I switch from platinum chains to gold, and I take off my chrome wheels and put on the black wheels, but you know I still gots to where my white Tee. Holla at yo boy

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
:lol: I have some heart pajama bottoms that I usually only wear during February.
Me, too! :high5:

Right now, I'm wearing my red and green penguin jammie bottoms. I only wear them in December. :nerd: C_Jo has a matching pair. :giggle:

F

Fat Momma

C-Murda said:
I switch from platinum chains to gold, and I take off my chrome wheels and put on the black wheels, but you know I still gots to where my white Tee. Holla at yo boy

well the boy got style if nothing else.... :lmao:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
How about sweat pants in public?? I had on a black pair over the weekend with a cute designer sweatshirt, and had to run to the grocery store and pick up something. My hubby looked at me horrified and stated that wearing sweatpants in public was a big fashion no-no. He said only trailer trash gals wear them in public. I just gave him a look and took my trailer trash butt to the grocery store....... :biggrin:

F

Fat Momma

Speaking of avatars I am thinking of changing mine for the holiday.....I love both of yours. That movie cracked me up.

F

Fat Momma

harleygirl said:
How about sweat pants in public?? I had on a black pair over the weekend with a cute designer sweatshirt, and had to run to the grocery store and pick up something. My hubby looked at me horrified and stated that wearing sweatpants in public was a big fashion no-no. He said only trailer trash gals wear them in public. I just gave him a look and took my trailer trash butt to the grocery store....... :biggrin:

Has your hubby ever heard of Juicy Corture?? Baby if it feels good then wear it.

morganj614

Camel toe is always a no! .... Any season :lmao:

Attachments

• 20050919-fatelvis.jpg
    20050919-fatelvis.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 80