White or Red, Sweet or Dry? What goes with...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... Python?

Florida officials consider suggesting Burmese snakes taking over Everglades be eaten

Burmese pythons, which can often reach lengths approaching 20 feet, are overrunning the Florida Everglades

A species of snake has become so invasive that officials in Florida are considering issuing an advisory on how to eat them, despite the fact they're loaded with mercury.

The Burmese python, which can often reach lengths approaching 20 feet, is overrunning the Florida Everglades, forcing officials to think outside the box, USA Today reports.

The news outlet reported that Eric Sutton, director of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, is conducting mercury tests on the meat of the python to determine how it could be safely consumed. The Environmental Protection Agency has guidelines on how to prepare and eat fish that are thought to be high in mercury.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They tried that with snakehead and it didn't fly, even though snakehead is pretty delicious.

Like @black dog said, put a bounty on them and they'll get gone fairly quickly.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Wonder if the Greaseman could use a little extra advertising income? Maybe he could make back cut pythons come back in style.

phreddyp

They tried that with snakehead and it didn't fly, even though snakehead is pretty delicious.

Like @black dog said, put a bounty on them and they'll get gone fairly quickly.
The thing with bounties is you have to promote them and get the word out one or two press statements won't do the trick. Put the bounty high enough and get the word out you may be surprised.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Regarding snakehead, I used to be able to get it at Kevin's. He said he had guy's up in Chuck Co. that would fish for him. Then the snakehead dried up. When I asked about it, he said it was all going up the road to DC where they were paying better.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Wonder if the Greaseman could use a little extra advertising income? Maybe he could make back cut pythons come back in style.
Nobody's cutting my python, tyvm.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I asked about it, he said it was all going up the road to DC where they were paying better.

Just get Kylie Jenner to eat Burmese python on Instagram and millions of her fans will be hitchhiking to the Everglades to get some of their own.