White perch bite

JoeMac

Has anyone had any success with the white perch yet? I fish on a creek off of the Potomac and had no luck today. Am I too early or just unlucky

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Has anyone had any success with the white perch yet? I fish on a creek off of the Potomac and had no luck today. Am I too early or just unlucky

Still a lil early yet. Try again towards the end of May.

C

citizen_fear

I always heard when dogwood is in blume the perch are biting? try the river outside the creek if you have an oyster bar or jetty out there

JoeMac

I always heard when dogwood is in blume the perch are biting? try the river outside the creek if you have an oyster bar or jetty out there

I have never heard this, but I had a great uncle say when the locust trees bloom it was time to start soft crabbing. It has always been dead on. So I am a believer of these type of sayings. I plan to try at the mouth and on the river side this week to see what is biting.

C

citizen_fear

I have never heard this, but I had a great uncle say when the locust trees bloom it was time to start soft crabbing. It has always been dead on. So I am a believer of these type of sayings. I plan to try at the mouth and on the river side this week to see what is biting.

Just curious, where on the Potomac? Seen you listed Callaway

C

citizen_fear

My uncle owns waterfront on Blake Creek, its between Herring Creek in Tall timbers and Breton Bay. I live in Hunting Quarter.

Fished down there 19yrs til I divorced. Go right outside the creeks mouth to the right with beetle spins and you should do well. If you use sinkers your going to snag everytime.

JoeMac

Fished down there 19yrs til I divorced. Go right outside the creeks mouth to the right with beetle spins and you should do well. If you use sinkers your going to snag everytime.

If you are familiar with the creeks mouth it has changed drastically over the last winter. All of those lines of rocks are now submerged 1-3 feet. Most of the beach is now just a sandbar. The current now comes in to the far right, looking out towards the river, right up against what is Mulberry fields. Mulberry fields now has Potomac river waterfront and not Blake creek waterfront. The rocks could be pretty dangerous for someone trying to cruise through there that is unfamiliar with the landscape.

That is what I was using today, a beetle spin

JoeMac

From the DNR website:

White perch are steadily moving down the tidal rivers and warmer water this week should put them in a biting mode.

C

citizen_fear

If you are familiar with the creeks mouth it has changed drastically over the last winter. All of those lines of rocks are now submerged 1-3 feet. Most of the beach is now just a sandbar. The current now comes in to the far right, looking out towards the river, right up against what is Mulberry fields. Mulberry fields now has Potomac river waterfront and not Blake creek waterfront. The rocks could be pretty dangerous for someone trying to cruise through there that is unfamiliar with the landscape.

That is what I was using today, a beetle spin

I remember the whole creek front use to be open; from the little cove where Mulberry fields are all the way over to old man Lanes house. It will be good for you if it opens up again, only problem is when water flows, boats want to come in.......You Joans son?

JoeMac

I remember the whole creek front use to be open; from the little cove where Mulberry fields are all the way over to old man Lanes house. It will be good for you if it opens up again, only problem is when water flows, boats want to come in.......You Joans son?

Yea, actually I am her son.