White Perch

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Anybody tried to catch any yet?? I messed around yesterday afternoon with a beetlespin in Mill Creek and nuttin'. I saw plenty of people on their piers cleaning some big ole' rockfish tho.

RealDeale

I don't know where Mill Creek is but they're thick in the Patuxent. At least they were last week at Jug Bay so I,m sure they're south as well.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I don't know where Mill Creek is but they're thick in the Patuxent. At least they were last week at Jug Bay so I,m sure they're south as well.

Mill Creek is at the mouth of the Patuxent. Where is Jug Bay and what did they use for bait?? TIA

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You're moving, right? I finally get a boat over here and I have no guides to show me where the bigguns are hiding.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
You're moving, right? I finally get a boat over here and I have no guides to show me where the bigguns are hiding.

You're seconds from the bigguns. Go behind the Island. Troll between the bell(horn) buoy and the can buoy then up toward Nomini till your right across from Breton Bay. Turn and head back toward the bell in a big triangle. Troll the ledge between the Island and the bell toward Heron and you should pick up something. When the weather warms up, bottom fish the flats around Heron Island. You may pick up some trout or flounder.:yay:

RealDeale

Mill Creek is at the mouth of the Patuxent. Where is Jug Bay and what did they use for bait?? TIA

Jug bay is just south of the bridge on Rt.4 at Wayson's Corners. I get there by boat from my house but I understand you can get there by car off of 301 south of Upper Marlboro and take the road to Croome? There is a nature reserve of some kind back there with a boat ramp and pier right at Jug Bay. I see peolple fishing from the pier and bank all the time. Blood worms were working best but some were catching them on night crawlers as well.
Good Luck!

kom526

You're seconds from the bigguns. Go behind the Island. Troll between the bell(horn) buoy and the can buoy then up toward Nomini till your right across from Breton Bay. Turn and head back toward the bell in a big triangle. Troll the ledge between the Island and the bell toward Heron and you should pick up something. When the weather warms up, bottom fish the flats around Heron Island. You may pick up some trout or flounder.:yay:

I keep my boat in Dukehearts Creek (mudpuddle is more like it :lmao:) so I am just seconds away. My uncle gave me some of his gear that he replaced last year and tons of lures, now I need to put more rod holders on the boat.

You should see the lighthouse, the outside is 95% complete and it looks great.

Anybody tried to catch any yet?? I messed around yesterday afternoon with a beetlespin in Mill Creek and nuttin'. I saw plenty of people on their piers cleaning some big ole' rockfish tho.

This kid did ok. 15 1/2", 2# at the mouth of Cuckold's Creek.

Attachments

• perch.jpg
    perch.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 108

CMC122

Go Braves!
We took the kids fishing this weekend down at Point Lookout and caught some huge eels:twitch: But the guys coming in off the boats had some beautiful rocks! One nice man even tried to give me one but I didn't have a dern thing to clean or cut it up with:ohwell:

We took the kids fishing this weekend down at Point Lookout and caught some huge eels:twitch: But the guys coming in off the boats had some beautiful rocks! One nice man even tried to give me one but I didn't have a dern thing to clean or cut it up with:ohwell:

Some people do that at home you know.:lmao:

lmor

We are on Cobb Island - Wicomico and the Potomac. We are new to the area and want to take the boat out fishing nearby this weekend. What is running and where? We could also use advice about technique, gear and bait. Thanks

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
We are on Cobb Island - Wicomico and the Potomac. We are new to the area and want to take the boat out fishing nearby this weekend. What is running and where? We could also use advice about technique, gear and bait. Thanks
Come straight across the Wicomoco and look for the small groups of boats. Drift over the edge of the channel using blood worms on bottom rigs. If they're there, you'll hit on em. Good luck.

ImnoMensa

I keep my boat in Dukehearts Creek (mudpuddle is more like it :lmao:) so I am just seconds away. My uncle gave me some of his gear that he replaced last year and tons of lures, now I need to put more rod holders on the boat.

You should see the lighthouse, the outside is 95% complete and it looks great.

Dukeheart's Creek?? Is that what we all call Muddy Creek? LOL

Maybe if you took off a ton or two of those lures you could wade the boat over the flats on low tide.

How about thatboat house in the sand at the mouth of the creek? LOL, Nick built a boathouse there that now has one of the greatest sandy beaches in the 7th ,if you dont mind wading.

Just funnin, there. They dug that channel out many years ago but it just sanded back in over the flats , no way a channel will stay there.

If they dont soon dig out the channel in St. Patricks Creek it might end up the same way. Lots more traffic keeps it open, but its sanding in too.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Maybe if you took off a ton or two of those lures you could wade the boat over the flats on low tide.

How about thatboat house in the sand at the mouth of the creek? LOL, Nick built a boathouse there that now has one of the greatest sandy beaches in the 7th ,if you dont mind wading.

Just funnin, there. They dug that channel out many years ago but it just sanded back in over the flats , no way a channel will stay there.

If they dont soon dig out the channel in St. Patricks Creek it might end up the same way. Lots more traffic keeps it open, but its sanding in too.
Duponster, Gumby, Fancybelle and I grew up on "Muddy Creek". We probably know each other. I remember when they dredged the whole creek. Jesse Gas would come down and catch a dozen or so soft crabs every week.

Back when we had winters, we skated on that thing. Used to catch plenty of perch too.

Kom, if you go out to the red bouy between the island and the point, you'll do fine. Heck, you'll do ok off your pier. I rode by the Port of Indecision last week. :yay:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Duponster, Gumby, Fancybelle and I grew up on "Muddy Creek". We probably know each other. I remember when they dredged the whole creek. Jesse Gas would come down and catch a dozen or so soft crabs every week.

Back when we had winters, we skated on that thing. Used to catch plenty of perch too.

Kom, if you go out to the red bouy between the island and the point, you'll do fine. Heck, you'll do ok off your pier. I rode by the Port of Indecision last week. :yay:

I remember someone driving a Pinto out on the creek when it was frozen.:whistle:

kom526

Yeah, Muddy Creek. That's what my wife calls it too. I'm a refugee from the 1st District so bear with me. :lmao:

I'm considering putting a push pole platform on the boat and pretending I'm on the flats down in the Keys. That seems like the best way to get out on a low tide. Before you even suggest it, my boat has a manual tilt and I don't know anybody named Manuel.:killingme

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yeah, Muddy Creek. That's what my wife calls it too. I'm a refugee from the 1st District so bear with me. :lmao:

I'm considering putting a push pole platform on the boat and pretending I'm on the flats down in the Keys. That seems like the best way to get out on a low tide. Before you even suggest it, my boat has a manual tilt and I don't know anybody named Manuel.:killingme

Kom, put the platform on the bow and use a crab net to pole out. You may get luck and beat the johnny cranes to a soft crab or 2.:buddies: