White Squirrel

I can't see his eyes. Are they red? Albino? Or just white? Never saw an all white one before. Very cool.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This cute lil guy has been a frequent visitor to my Saint Marys Co. backyard deck bird feeder area over the past several months-white squirrel. Has anyone else seen these in Southern Md?

Beautiful. I have never seen one. I showed the pic to my hub. He has hunted all over the US, and said the only other one he has seen was years ago in CO. He has never killed a squirrel, though. :) Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes ... in the past 15 yrs we have had a couple of White Squirrels and one Black one .... in addition to the normal gray units

NextJen

Raisin cane
Many years ago I used to work at the Old Soldiers Home in NW, DC (now named The Armed Forces Retirement Home). There were tons of squirrels on the grounds there. Many of the squirrels were black - probably about as plentiful as the gray ones. There were also several white ones running around.

Recently, I have seen at least 2 black squirrels in my backyard in Owings, but no white ones.

jaksprat

I saw an albino squirrel a couple times about 20 years ago at Calvert Road Park in College Park (at Campus Dr and Kenilworth Ave). One time I was parked there and rolled my window down to see him better and he came right up to my car expecting a handout. I was really surprised at how bold he was. I knew he was an albino since he had pink eyes and pink toenails/claws.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Many years ago I used to work at the Old Soldiers Home in NW, DC (now named The Armed Forces Retirement Home). There were tons of squirrels on the grounds there. Many of the squirrels were black - probably about as plentiful as the gray ones. There were also several white ones running around.

Recently, I have seen at least 2 black squirrels in my backyard in Owings, but no white ones.
I worked there occasionally too. I ran a cable trouble from the main quarters through the govt manholes on the grounds to the grounds keepers quarters and one little squirrel followed me the whole time. Must have thought I was the biggest nut he ever saw!

GoodnessME

This cute lil guy has been a frequent visitor to my Saint Marys Co. backyard deck bird feeder area over the past several months-white squirrel. Has anyone else seen these in Southern Md?
I had one a few years ago in my yard in the 7thD. Came to the bird feeder every day around 8am. Miss seeing him...