'White supremacy': popular knitting website Ravelry bans support for Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Sunday, administrators for Ravelry, a site for knitters, crocheters, designers and anyone dabbling in the fibre arts, said that they were making any expression of support for Trump and his administration in forum posts, patterns, on their personal profile pages or elsewhere permanently off limits.

“We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy,” the site’s administrators said in a post.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...itting-website-ravelry-bans-support-for-trump

Yeah supporting Trump is White Supremacy .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
New Policy: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry.

This includes support in the form of forum posts, projects, patterns, profiles, and all other content. Note that your project data will never be deleted. We will never delete your Ravelry project data for any reason and if a project needs to be removed from the site, we will make sure that you have access to your data. If you are permanently banned from Ravelry, you will still be able to access any patterns that you purchased. Also, we will make sure that you receive a copy of your data.

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

Policy notes:

• You can still participate if you do in fact support the administration, you just can’t talk about it here.
  • We are not endorsing the Democrats nor banning Republicans.
  • We are definitely not banning conservative politics. Hate groups and intolerance are different from other types of political positions.
  • We are not banning people for past support.
  • Do not try to weaponize this policy by entrapping people who do support the Trump administration into voicing their support.
  • Similarly, antagonizing conservative members for their unstated positions is not acceptable.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh But YOU can be Conservative of a Republican .,... YOU just are not allowed to Support The President

I wonder how much Anti Trump Pink Pussy Creating Conversation Goes On

BOP

New Policy: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry.

This includes support in the form of forum posts, projects, patterns, profiles, and all other content. Note that your project data will never be deleted. We will never delete your Ravelry project data for any reason and if a project needs to be removed from the site, we will make sure that you have access to your data. If you are permanently banned from Ravelry, you will still be able to access any patterns that you purchased. Also, we will make sure that you receive a copy of your data.

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

Policy notes:

• You can still participate if you do in fact support the administration, you just can’t talk about it here.
  • We are not endorsing the Democrats nor banning Republicans.
  • We are definitely not banning conservative politics. Hate groups and intolerance are different from other types of political positions.
  • We are not banning people for past support.
  • Do not try to weaponize this policy by entrapping people who do support the Trump administration into voicing their support.
  • Similarly, antagonizing conservative members for their unstated positions is not acceptable.
That sounds like a law suit waiting to happen.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nothing says "inclusive" like banning anyone you disagree with politically.

We are very selective, now, on who we don’t buy products from...Gillette, Pepsi, Dick’s, and more. I am a grandma crocheting maniac, and never heard of this website. I am self taught. Didn’t need them in the first place. The world has gone crazy. Hold on to your Trump hats, y’all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last night I think it was Laura Ingraham who suggested this site did this to get publicity. Apparently there was no incident that prompted it, it was announced out of the blue. I mean, how much political discussion takes place on a freaking knitting blog?

We see that a lot - an obscure website or company (or actor, Jussie Smollett) gets famous by being a douche and coming out with some obnoxious absurd political hate rant. The problem with that is that not everyone will celebrate your woke, and you'll do more harm than good to your brand. (refer back to Jussie Smollett)

Sapidus

Last night I think it was Laura Ingraham who suggested this site did this to get publicity. Apparently there was no incident that prompted it, it was announced out of the blue. I mean, how much political discussion takes place on a freaking knitting blog?

We see that a lot - an obscure website or company (or actor, Jussie Smollett) gets famous by being a douche and coming out with some obnoxious absurd political hate rant. The problem with that is that not everyone will celebrate your woke, and you'll do more harm than good to your brand. (refer back to Jussie Smollett)

"One woman, who said she is one of Ravelry's many forum moderators, tweeted, "I can say that the emotional labor of defusing angry & ugly situations where casual hate & intolerance is directed at queer, non-Christian, or minority people is frakking exhausting."

"Suggested" being the keyword since that is entirely untrue and two minutes of research would show you that. Instead you blindly listen to whatever these idiots spew and believe the most conspiracy minded ideas among them.

Remember you cant' spell Red HAT without HATRED

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ..

The sad thing here. All the people that run the site, from the founder on down, are white. So, in essence, they are calling themselves white supremacists. To be true to their newly stated mission, they should just scuttle the entire site and shut it down completely. And begin the procedure of daily self flagellation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fun fact: I've been crocheting since I was 10, when my Tita Lisa taught me the magic of granny squares. Fellow yarn nerds will understand the heavenly bliss of spending hours at Hobby Lobby or Walmart immersed in a sea of alpaca, mohair, angora, super bulky and super saver skeins for blankets, baby clothes, hats, headbands, scarves, bookmarks and potholders. (Yes, I've made them all!) I passed on the tradition to my artsy teenage daughter; teaming up on a Christmas afghan for my dad last year was one of my favorite ever projects.

Are you surprised? You shouldn't be. Creativity and crafting transcend political ideology -- or so you might think.

This week, Ravelry.com, one of the internet's most popular gathering sites for crocheters and knitters with a reported 8.5 million users, publicly smeared and ejected conservative members who support President Donald Trump -- all in the name of protecting their preciously "inclusive" safe space. Excluding to include. Welcome to opposite world. On Sunday (there's no rest for vengeful social justice warriors), Ravelry's founders announced:

"We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. This includes support in the form of forum posts, projects, patterns, profiles, and all other content."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...crafters_a_decade-long_unraveling_140648.html