White Supremacy???

SamSpade

This would be one of those rare BLACK white supremacists.

I don't know if she's just stupid and reacts with racism all the time - or thinks the world is stupid and can't check the facts for themselves.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This would be one of those rare BLACK white supremacists.

I don't know if she's just stupid and reacts with racism all the time - or thinks the world is stupid and can't check the facts for themselves.
It's white cultural appropriation. Anyone notice that nearly all the, "beauty contests winners", that were all black across the board, and other non-winning black contestants, some had hair styles that only white women have? Straight, flowing, etc..

SamSpade

If I may ...

It's white cultural appropriation. Anyone notice that nearly all the, "beauty contests winners", that were all black across the board, and other non-winning black contestants, some had hair styles that only white women have? Straight, flowing, etc..

Well, one of my daughters is black - and that is certainly what SHE wants, because a lot of her black friends at school have hair that way.
Certainly a lot of the African women we met abroad spend an enormous amount of time with their hair, usually resulting in long curly locks.

When it comes to hair style, I hope the expression white cultural appropriation is kind of in jest.

I'll tell you what ISN'T in jest - the Asians and blepharoplasty. Weird. It's basically taking their characteristic Asian eyelids which typically have no folds in them - and adding one. Until I went to China six years ago and our facilitator talked about it - I never noticed. They deny it, but there's no health reason to add it to your eyes.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well, one of my daughters is black - and that is certainly what SHE wants, because a lot of her black friends at school have hair that way.
Certainly a lot of the African women we met abroad spend an enormous amount of time with their hair, usually resulting in long curly locks.

When it comes to hair style, I hope the expression white cultural appropriation is kind of in jest.

I'll tell you what ISN'T in jest - the Asians and blepharoplasty. Weird. It's basically taking their characteristic Asian eyelids which typically have no folds in them - and adding one. Until I went to China six years ago and our facilitator talked about it - I never noticed. They deny it, but there's no health reason to add it to your eyes.
While I understand, and appreciate, your position, it is not really in jest. If there are, of those many black activists, black individuals, saying that any use of, what is deemed Black, African, whatever, use, appropriation, is verboten by whites, then the exact same applies in the reverse. No black person may appropriate what has, and is historically, been white. Long wavy hair. Hair colored anything other than their natural color, black .... verboten. Just because her friends do it, does not mean it is acceptable. (Not meant to be hurtful). But why not pickup some older National Geographic magazines, and show her the historical methods of headdress, for her race? I for one am sick and fuking tired of this one way street imposed upon white people. White people have bent over backwards to free, and help lift up the black people of this Nation. To what end? To now be second class citizens? I say merrily, fuk you to that.