White vs black and disasters

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I'm not familiar with WorldNetDaily. I agree with most of the piece. I was hoping that the author would add that Farrakhan and Jackson's blame flinging actually perpetuates white racism. If these two racial ambulance chasers actually wanted to shut up the David Dukes and Eric Rudolphs, they would campaign to end all welfare and preach the ideas of self-sufficiency and self-reliance.

Steve

Enjoying life!
There was a discussion on the radio this morning about the recipients of the $2,000 debit cards and how they've used them. Turns out many (but not all) have used the money to purchase frivolous items. One woman spent the entire amount on jewelry then returned to relief workers asking for additional money to buy "clothing". When they discovered she had received the debit card already, they turned her away. She apparently then started lamenting the fact that the government won't help her find shelter and clothing for her family. UFB...

Hessian

Yeah...but is anybody paying attention?

The piece was superb....and dangerous. If this were broadly disseminated the unrest would soon follow.

Only a minority are willing to diagnose the problem and consider the painful cure...the rest want to throw more money at it.
We need courage, discipline, morality, industry, thrift, and honesty:
All of those qualities are sadly lacking throughout ALL of the political & social process.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Tonio said:
If these two racial ambulance chasers actually wanted to shut up the David Dukes and Eric Rudolphs, they would campaign to end all welfare and preach the ideas of self-sufficiency and self-reliance.
The Reverend Peterson has advocated these traits for a number of years. Unfortunately when someone like Peterson or Cosby put forth ideas like self-sufficiency and self-reliance they are excoriated by the race hustlers such as Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, et al, and for some reason that response is what is then repeated by the CNNMSNBCABCCBSNBC media outlets. :sad:

Pegster710

The Pegster
I think the media is responsible to a degree... However, the moral fabric of this nation has been disintegrating for decades.

It starts at home - so many people nowadays - where race isn't even a factor - don't bring their children up with moral values. I believe that, for the most part, children learn what they live. It's so sad to see how this nation is living... And I don't know how it can be fixed...

Scary.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
About five years ago, in a debate before the National Association of Black Journalists, I stated that if whites were to just leave the United States and let blacks run the country, they would turn America into a ghetto within 10 years. The audience, shall we say, disagreed with me strongly. Now I have to disagree with me. I gave blacks too much credit. It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.

The thing I don't like about Rev. Peterson is his blanket condemnation of blacks. I have to believe that there are plenty of black people that did the right thing and either evacuated or took care of their families and neighbors as best they could.

While it's true we see the absolute worst of black America on TV and on the radio, that's not a complete or honest representation any more than Britney Spears is a representative for whte womanhood.

But he's definitely dead-on in his characterization of Jackson and Farrakhan - these two are the worst of the race-hustlers and white-demonizers.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
wmburdette said:
...and for some reason that response is what is then repeated by the CNNMSNBCABCCBSNBC media outlets. :sad:
That is because the majority of the media outlets, broadcast and print, are liberal and the "victim" black model fits their paradigm.

Pegster710

The Pegster
vraiblonde said:
The thing I don't like about Rev. Peterson is his blanket condemnation of blacks. I have to believe that there are plenty of black people that did the right thing and either evacuated or took care of their families and neighbors as best they could.

While it's true we see the absolute worst of black America on TV and on the radio, that's not a complete or honest representation any more than Britney Spears is a representative for whte womanhood.

But he's definitely dead-on in his characterization of Jackson and Farrakhan - these two are the worst of the race-hustlers and white-demonizers.

You're right about that. There are exceptions to the "rule". Race should not be an issue - there are plenty of sorry azzes collecting their monthly checks - who aren't black.

The thing that bothers me is the old adage that it "takes a community to raise a child" is being swept away. And God forbid if someone tries to correct the children. The parents don't do it and they don't allow anyone else to, either. It's all about what America owes them.

My question is - what about what we, as citizens - owe America? And ourselves?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Brings this to mind. Jack was more of a Republican than some Republicans are today.
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.

Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own. -- Inaugural Address by John F. Kennedy - January 20th 1961

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
Brings this to mind. Jack was more of a Republican than some Republicans are today.
I sometimes wonder what he'd think of old Teddy and the rest of his clan. Not that he was some great bastion of honesty and integrity, but things sure have changed since the early 60s.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:
I sometimes wonder what he'd think of old Teddy and the rest of his clan. Not that he was some great bastion of honesty and integrity, but things sure have changed since the early 60s.

Honesty? Integrity? Politicians? :lmao:

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
vraiblonde said:
I have heard the Rev. Peterson interviewed on a number of programs over the last few years and I don't think his general thinking IS a blanket condemnation, though the passage quoted from his article could certainly lead one to that conclusion.
vraiblonde said:
...any more than Britney Spears is a representative for whte womanhood.
and thank God for that! :smile:

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
2ndAmendment said:

I would suggest that anyone who wished to read Kennedy's speech to the American Banking Association in (IIRC) New York in December of 1962 they would find the foundation of what, 20 years later, became known as Reaganomics.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
You're right, and that's where I disagreed with Peterson. The blacks I work with are hard-working, community-minded, extremely religious, and certainly more conservative than I am on social issues. Light-years away from the "welfare queen" stereotype.