White Water Rafting

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Anyone know of any place "close" to SoMD that has some fun class 3 or 4 rapids? I'd love to go with my boyfriend this summer. I definitely need a place that has "guides" because neither of us are experienced enough to be much more than a tourist lol!

Thanks!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe half hour closer.

Ohiopyle, PA

Youghiogheny River.

Three levels of water. Grandma, the middle rapids, heart starter, the lower, especially after a little rain, and nuke, the upper. The instructors get tossed out up there when the water is up.

Midnightrider

Anyone know of any place "close" to SoMD that has some fun class 3 or 4 rapids? I'd love to go with my boyfriend this summer. I definitely need a place that has "guides" because neither of us are experienced enough to be much more than a tourist lol!

Thanks!

the cheat in WV can be class III-IV depending on water level, or as larry said the upper yough

somdwatch

Depends on what you mean by close. New and Gauley rivers in WV both have class iii and iv sections and there are areas of the New that are class vi.

Whitewater Rafting Adventures in West Virginia with New & Gauley River Adventures

This is an awesome one if you do the Fall Gauley run. And the bridge is closed for traffic. When we went we had triple the water flow on both rivers, New and Gauley (second day). Watched the crazy base jumpers from below the bridge.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This is an awesome one if you do the Fall Gauley run. And the bridge is closed for traffic. When we went we had triple the water flow on both rivers, New and Gauley (second day). Watched the crazy base jumpers from below the bridge.
Yep, they be crazy. They will do it this year on 10/19/2013, with registration starting on 7/1/2013. Something like 71% end up on land, 28% in the water, and the rest find the train tracks or trees.