Whitey Daring to Open a Chinese Resturant

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In a lengthy thread about the business owner's apparent culturally "problematic" behavior, classical pianist Sharon Su called on "white allies" to help her take down Lucky Lee's.

"So a new Chinese restaurant is opening up in NYC and while I want SO BADLY to give it the benefit of the doubt, everything I’m finding out about it is making me go YIKES YIKES YIKES," Su complained in a series of tweets posted Monday.
So a new Chinese restaurant is opening up in NYC and while I want SO BADLY to give it the benefit of the doubt, everything I’m finding out about it is making me go YIKES YIKES YIKES
— Sharon Su (@doodlyroses) April 9, 2019
The pianist continued, mocking Haspel as a "xenophobic American lady" ignorant of Asian "healthy balanced meals."

"I’m trying VERY HARD not to make assumptions, but I’d guess that the woman launching this is only used to American-style Chinese food which was crafted with high amounts of fat, sugar, and salt to appeal to American palates (which, btw, is not THAT bad for you!)," she wrote, adding: "I am very doubtful that she is familiar with the many varieties of traditional Chinese cooking. A lot of Chinese cooking philosophy is light-fat/no-sugar/light-salt, with the idea of letting your fresh ingredients shine (this whole 'Chinese, but CLEAN!' idea is so bad)."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4575...ale-entrepreneur-opening-amanda-prestigiacomo

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This Su person is a bigot and she rallied her leftwing Twitter Army to attack. Ho hum. Just another day in Democrat Land.

Hijinx

If the food is to my liking, and the place is clean, I really do not give a good damn the culture or the ethnicity of the owner.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If it weren't for chinese restaurants there are a lot of people who'd never have eaten a vegetable.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
On the road Vrai and I have found pizzerias ownen by Albanians and Lebanese. Who cares as long as the pizza is good.

SamSpade

When we went to China for two weeks, we ate a LOT of Chinese food morning, noon and night.
We even had home-cooked Chinese food.
Except for possibly less sugar, we didn't notice a lot of difference between what we've eaten HERE or ate THERE.
Well, it was a lot cheaper there.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
When we went to China for two weeks, we ate a LOT of Chinese food morning, noon and night.
We even had home-cooked Chinese food.
Except for possibly less sugar, we didn't notice a lot of difference between what we've eaten HERE or ate THERE.
Well, it was a lot cheaper there.
and it was just called food there.

SamSpade

and it was just called food there.

The weirdest part was, they DID have American fast food there, including cheap hot dogs at the 7 Eleven and overpriced desserts at Starbucks - even Papa John's Pizza - but it was totally normal to go to some places and they served rice and pork and beef and vegetables, such as McDonald's and KFC (which no one had any idea it stood for Kentucky Fried Chicken - they just knew it as KFC).