Who are the 3,458 Millionaires living in Lexington Park, MD?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A couple of decades as a civil servant or defense contractor in a 2 income household could easily put many in this area in the financial stratosphere.

Well they have to be including areas close by. If you cruise around the Creeks and Bay around the county there are some really nice houses on the waterfronts. Some are not full time residents. I imagine owning a house here counts however.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well they have to be including areas close by. If you cruise around the Creeks and Bay around the county there are some really nice houses on the waterfronts. Some are not full time residents. I imagine owning a house here counts however.
I think when they say lexington park, they must mean really St. Mary's And Calvert counties.

Jeter3000

I personally know two. Drive old pick up trucks, live modestly and blend in with the community. You don't have to be flashy, live in a mansion and have material items just because you're wealthy.

MarieB

Not too long ago there was an article that stated that LP is the richest suburb of Dc. I think it was on the WP

sm8

I wonder if they are counting Amish people, I know quite a few that are millionaires and you would never know. But probably not because most would not participate in the surveys (or what ever they got their info from).

tommyjo

Doesn't anyone realize that it helps if you read the article? The study's definition of "millionaire" is on the first page, second sentence of the second paragraph. You really don't have to read that much to find it. Everyone debates what millionaire means, yet no one bothered to actually read the text with the first picture? It's no wonder the majority of folks on here are so poorly informed.

Only about 5% of the country, or 6.1 million households, qualify as true millionaires. That is, they boast liquid, investable assets of $1 million or more, excluding real estate, employer-sponsored retirement plans and business partnerships. Research firm Phoenix Marketing International identifies where these millionaires live in an annual survey of wealthy residents in 942 urban areas. We’ve also researched the typical incomes and home values in the top ten cities, in case you’re interested in living next door to one of these millionaires

officeguy

Sounds about right for the entire county. Lots of money around Breton Bay. They just chose the park as geographic center because they are dumb journalists. I dont think its defense money, mostly dc area retirement and spillover. The same kind of dimwits listed waldorf as one of the top ten communities in the US.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Doesn't anyone realize that it helps if you read the article? The study's definition of "millionaire" is on the first page, second sentence of the second paragraph. You really don't have to read that much to find it. Everyone debates what millionaire means, yet no one bothered to actually read the text with the first picture? It's no wonder the majority of folks on here are so poorly informed.
Most of us were wondering at the definition of Lexington Park more than the definition of millionaire.