Who is a Good Orthodontist for Invisalign?

Dankuuken

Hello, and I apologize if this is not the proper posting area for this topic.

I have been calling a few places to find a good orthodontist with a decent price for Invisalign. So far, it seems that most places will cost between 5 and 6 grand. Right now, Tony Doumit is my primary choice because the location is not too far and the down payment is reasonable.

Has anyone gotten this treatment? I'd like to hear your experiences and opinions on it. Also if you know a cheaper place that values clients please let me know.

ginwoman

Hello, and I apologize if this is not the proper posting area for this topic.

I have been calling a few places to find a good orthodontist with a decent price for Invisalign. So far, it seems that most places will cost between 5 and 6 grand. Right now, Tony Doumit is my primary choice because the location is not too far and the down payment is reasonable.

Has anyone gotten this treatment? I'd like to hear your experiences and opinions on it. Also if you know a cheaper place that values clients please let me know.

Yes, I wore invisalign for a few years, did not work for me. I am now in metal old fashioned braces. Hope to be done soon (fingers crossed). Dr. Doumit is also my doctor. Perhaps I never was a good candidate for invisalign, I don't know. You depend on your doc to tell ya what's right. I'd recommend getting two opinions on it. It is a big decision.

Dankuuken

Thanks for your reply.

Well I had a consultation before and they said I was a good candidate.

How long did you undergo the treatment before you/they realized it wasn't working? What was the pricing on it for you? Did you have to finish paying even though it didn't work for you? How long have you been wearing metals so far? Did they tell you that you were a good candidate for Invisalign before you started?

ohstate

I am just in the process of getting this done. I went with Dr. Khalil at Arlington Dentistry by Design: Arlington Dentist | General Dentistry | Implant Dentistry | Teeth Replacement | Dr. Joseph Khalil | Dr. Ray Cho | Arlington Dentistry by Design | Arlington, VA 22201

I had a referral from a friend who loved him and it worked well for her. I go next week to see the "plan" - they had a special in January - $4700 up front for the whole thing. This works for me because I'm up in DC all week anyway for work.

ginwoman

Thanks for your reply.

Well I had a consultation before and they said I was a good candidate.

How long did you undergo the treatment before you/they realized it wasn't working? What was the pricing on it for you? Did you have to finish paying even though it didn't work for you? How long have you been wearing metals so far? Did they tell you that you were a good candidate for Invisalign before you started?

The invisalign was pretty much a waste of time and money for me. It was when they first came out 6-7 years ago. I paid around $6000 up front. It took a few years to realize it didn't fix my problem (overbite). Sooooo, I've had the metals since last April. So far he has not asked me for any money for these metals and I hope and pray he doesn't.