Who is going to the...

IntegritysDream

De La Brooke Dressage show sat at sam hill?

anyone know what the dressage ring is like? never been there... i heard its a indoor??? if so is it like holly points indoor or is it a covered ring... just wondering! i know its small.

bosox

The indoor is very well kept--I would guess that it measures 20X40. It is longer than the 40m but maybe only by 20 feet...it can be a bit dark depending on if they keep the doors shut. It is not a coverall like HP--regular steel indoor.

The challenge will be if the tests being ran through that day--is if they are suppose to be done in the standard ring. That lack 20m will make a huge difference. I could be wrong--but I think they only use the small ring in eventing--and the standard for "regular" dressage. That makes for a tight fit.

But nice farm and nice people!

Last edited:

bosox

when you warm up--you'll be in the outdoor ring which is 20x60...so maybe plan on only riding your movements/corners to R vs M to help keep you in line for the show inside.

IntegritysDream

when you warm up--you'll be in the outdoor ring which is 20x60...so maybe plan on only riding your movements/corners to R vs M to help keep you in line for the show inside.

thanks im new to the dressage thing, hunter is my main focus, but im doing dressage to get experience and help my pony use himself and move out and put his darn head down and just be more supple and listen to aids when i ask not when he feels like it haha! i dont think my dressage instructors are gonna be there, so that tip helps! Plus i fig if i work at a dressage barn, cool out dressage horses, maybe i should learn dressage too! haha