Who really won on Tuesday? Moderates??

transporter

Say it isn't so!? If Moderates, as the WSJ contends, were the big winners, what will the freaks do? What tinfoil hat conspiracy theories will they come up with to combat bland vanilla like moderates?? Comrade GURPS will have to spend the next two years picking on some irrelevant 20 something who won a House seat in NY City or denigrating a bunch of kids who watched their friends get shot while they were in school (which kids and which school are yet to be determined). I guess the ignorati will just have to go back to their old standbys...Hillary's emails.

A Big Night for Democrats, but Not Progressives
Revulsion toward Barack Obama and the Nancy Pelosi-Harry Reid Congress in 2010 produced a crimson tide in statehouses across America. Republicans then exploited their power over decennial redistricting to bolster majorities in Congress and legislatures while advancing conservative reforms including right-to-work legislation, school vouchers and limits on the power of government unions.

Democrats now aim to copy the GOP playbook. Led by former Attorney General Eric Holder, liberals this year targeted governorships and state legislatures from Nevada to Maine. Capitalizing on disgust with Donald Trump, Democrats picked up seven governorships and flipped six legislative chambers.

As a result, Democrats next year will boast complete control of 14 state governments—six more than they do now—including Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada. They also broke the GOP’s hegemony in Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire and Wisconsin.

These gains will strengthen Democrats’ hand over redistricting after the 2020 census, effectively foreclosing conservative reform in the majority of states for the next four years, and advancing a liberal agenda on the local level that has foundered in Washington. Yet Democrats owe their success more to Republican turmoil than any triumph of progressive policies.

To be sure, Republican state candidates, like their counterparts running for the House, also struggled to overcome the Trump undertow. But it’s notable that even as voters demonstrated their contempt for the president, they also rejected progressive candidates and repudiated left-wing identity politics.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Say it isn't so!? If Moderates, as the WSJ contends, were the big winners,

:shrug:

what will the freaks do?

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated, Propaganda, Selfish or a Freak ..... a Russian Bot or a Russian Troll From Minsk

What tinfoil hat conspiracy theories will they come up with to combat bland vanilla like moderates??

WTF Are You Going On About

Comrade GURPS

if I am a Russian Bot [aka computer program, why do you waste your time responding ....
why are you even here you nebbish ...
Do you really think you are changing anyone's mind here, with your derision, dismissive attitude and contempt for anyone NOT Holding YOUR Opinion or World View

will have to spend the next two years picking on some irrelevant 20 something who won a House seat in NY City

:yawn: I am sure you will provide plenty of Entertainment

or denigrating a bunch of kids who watched their friends get shot while they were in school (which kids and which school are yet to be determined).

ah yes denigrating a bunch of kids, because Camera Hogg trots out the same old Progressive Anti Gun talking points that would have ZERO Impact on any mass shooting or would have prevented any mass shooting in the past 20 yrs. the truth of the matter is Teens die in larger numbers yearly than a few school shootings

all these shootings by the way take place in GUN FREE ZONES where EVERYONE is Disarmed

I guess the ignorati

do you ever have a point to make, that is not dripping with derision and condescension

will just have to go back to their old standbys ... Hillary's emails.

Last edited:

This_person

It's something along the lines of "peaceful muslim" or "Virgin Prostitute"

"What is a moderate interpretation of the Constitution? Halfway between what it really says and what you want it to say?” - Antonin Scalia (MHRIP), Sept. 2011

Being a "moderate" is putting reality on a scale of desirability. I'll take my reality complete, thank you very much.