Who reloads .38 Special Ammo in So. Md.

RatchetJaw

I am looking for someone to reload .38 Special ammo from my once fired brass. .38 is hard to find and I don't want to throw this brass in the trash, I'd like to find a reloader in the local area who can reload for me.

blacklabman

I am looking for someone to reload .38 Special ammo from my once fired brass. .38 is hard to find and I don't want to throw this brass in the trash, I'd like to find a reloader in the local area who can reload for me.

No smart reloader will reload for somebody else. It's a liability issue. Spend a few bucks and start doing your own reloading.

Gosh, I didn't think anybody used .38 Special any more.

RatchetJaw

No smart reloader will reload for somebody else. It's a liability issue. Spend a few bucks and start doing your own reloading.

ok, then let's try this approach. Do any reloaders sell their reloads in the area, or does anyone want to buy about 400 rounds of once fired .38 Special?

It's my wifes gun not mine, and it does appear that most most guys have to own a Glock 9, I guess it's the "cool thing" to say you own now LOL.

Novus Collectus

It is also a legal issue. One cannot engage in the business of manufacturing ammo without both a fed license and a state license.

.38 Special is very commonly used nowadays especially by those with .357 revolvers for self defense but do not want to spend a fortune practicing with full magnum loads.
Also, some somewhat popular concealable revolvers only fire .38 Special +P and not .357 for those who want a light concealable revolver without the recoil.

And then there are the .357 Magnum home defense guns that people buy who also want the option of using lighter .38 Special loads just in case they or their spouse cannot handle the full power. For them the .38 Special is optimal and therefore it is still a popular enough round.

Novus Collectus

ok, then let's try this approach. Do any reloaders sell their reloads in the area, or does anyone want to buy about 400 rounds of once fired .38 Special?

It's my wifes gun not mine, and it does appear that most most guys have to own a Glock 9, I guess it's the "cool thing" to say you own now LOL.

There are a couple of licensed reloaders in MD and some, if not all, will give you a discount for empty shells on your reloads. I am not sure if he is one of them, but I think one reloader or custom round manufacturer might do .38 Special who is in SOMD called Quality Cartridge. Quality Cartridge
There is another MD ammunition manufacturer who does reloads in Boring, MD who I know does .38 Special and a brass exchange program. NSK Sales

limblips

PREMO Member

Go to cheaperthandirt.com. Order it online.

RatchetJaw

Well, I am happy to say I just ordered 10 boxes of MagTech 38 Special +P for $13.39 50/box. I've used this ammo before and I'm extremely happy with it.

What a beautiful day it has become... and Shipping was free !

The only problem is, they only have 90 boxes left in stock now.

RatchetJaw

Go to cheaperthandirt.com. Order it online.

I have been shopping online. I order most of my ammo from Midway or Ables, they have the best prices I've seen anywhere. Cheaper than Dirt is more expensive than most retailers, they should change their name to something like "Cheaper Than Some".

Bigpops92

Ammo, powder, and primers are SLOWLY showing up on shelves again. Perhaps there is really a light at the end of the tunnel.

RatchetJaw

Yeah, I was in Walmart in La Plata Friday night and the clerk was unpacking all kinds of ammo, nothing I needed, but looked like a bunch of slugs and rifle ammo.

Vince

Ammo, powder, and primers are SLOWLY showing up on shelves again. Perhaps there is really a light at the end of the tunnel.
A friend of mine went to the gun show this weekend. Gun prices are sky high along with ammo. What you used to pay for a box of 50, you're paying the same price for a box of 20 now. Some ammo, like .44's, you can't even find and if you do, you're definitely going to pay the price. When I look online, all I see is "OUT OF STOCK."

RatchetJaw

Yep, I had that issue until I found this place out in Mossouri, I ordered 10 boxes of . 38 Special last week and I just ordered another 20 boxes today, I'm going to order another 20 on Friday, at $13.39 a box, I get it when I can and I get all I can. Next purchase is the reloader.