Who rides Gaited?

We do!! 2 TWH , 1 QH (NOT gaited! ;} ) and 1 paso- I used to show Q/H for years- also owned a Saddlebred and a Standardbred- the STB got me hooked! Smooth but fast if asked. Yes- could give lessons, and use Parelli Methods if need to call it something. Depending on your breed, it is not way too different riding them, but their mechanics/foot falls and saddle placement make a big difference for comfort!
T

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
I know Appy does, but who else?
Anyone around here give gaited riding lessons?

There's someone in our area who gives lessons and has shown gaited. :howdy: Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM the info to you. :flowers:

W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
Can you Gait a Belgian??? :lmao: :razz: :lmao: :razz: :lmao: :razz:

Well, let me see. Our Belgian will push on a gate, step over a gate, knock down a gate with her foot, push down a gate with her butt, lay on a gate. Yep, I think she's gated! :lmao: :killingme :killingme :lmao:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
Well, let me see. Our Belgian will push on a gate, step over a gate, knock down a gate with her foot, push down a gate with her butt, lay on a gate. Yep, I think she's gated! :lmao: :killingme :killingme :lmao:

Mine just rubs his rump on them, took us a bit to figure out why he had these blue streaks running accross his butt

I ended up having to make our gates "Hot" since i didnt want to have to replace gates ever week

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
WildHorses said:
:lmao:

YES send me info :biggrin: THANKS!!
:fingerscrossedhopingherideaof "inmyarea" is myidea of "inmyarea": :lol:

jwilley

Walker
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and also looking to take some gaited lessons. If I could get info on a local instructor I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh Yeah! I have been busy in Calvert- but would love to help! (especially since I am between contracts) Have the time and need the extra income! ;} Have been going to Greenwell 2 or 3 times a week to keep everyone moving- boring "ride" for the person, great footing and workout for the horses though! I am not formal as far as riding lessons- just been doing it for 35 years- usually evaluate the horse AND the owner- that way we get to the heart of things and start working to get together and keep improving! Surprised your'e not giving clinics App! And BTW, is Dick and Virginia having a clinic- thought it was in Dec?