Who vapes?

mitzi

I need some tips on this thing. Obviously, I can't inhale on this like you do a cigarette because I keep choking. Please help me! I have to give up these stinky smokes. And please, no comments on how you quit cold turkey and how easy it was. I've heard it all before and I can't do it. The same with the patches, lozenges, Chantex, Wellbutrin, all of it. I've failed every time.

black dog

Free America
The only thing I will say is, you keep changing the way your body is getting nicotine.
You will not quit until YOU make the decision to stop putting nicotine in your body.
Make the decision when you are going to quit and dont cheat with other ways to induce nicotine in your body.

I was a 2 and then a 3 pack a day menthol smoker for almost 35 years...
When I quit for the last time I didn't cheat......
It was the best medical decision I have ever made.....
You can do it......... I used Sams Club sized bags of Life Savers for the first week 9r so. The cravings go away after a few days....

GOOD LUCK....

mitzi

The only thing I will say is, you keep changing the way your body is getting nicotine.
You will not quit until YOU make the decision to stop putting nicotine in your body.
Make the decision when you are going to quit and dont cheat with other ways to induce nicotine in your body.

I was a 2 and then a 3 pack a day menthol smoker for almost 35 years...
When I quit for the last time I didn't cheat......
It was the best medical decision I have ever made.....
You can do it......... I used Sams Club sized bags of Life Savers for the first week 9r so. The cravings go away after a few days....

GOOD LUCK....

My mission is to wean myself off the nicotine to stop these intense cravings. I always cave in the other ways. My old body has been full of nicotine since I was 14 (even though it wasn't much then). My cravings are the worst after 4 or 5 days. Congrats on quitting!

Auntie Biache'

You laugh, mitzi, but I'm not kidding. I thought I was gonna' die. You think your first cigarette was rough? Stand by.

mitzi

You laugh, mitzi, but I'm not kidding. I thought I was gonna' die. You think your first cigarette was rough? Stand by.

I believe you! I was in the vape shop and these young guys are at the counter, blowing huge clouds, circles and all their tricks. Here I come hobbling in feeling like a dinosaur not sure what I'm looking for. I laughed at how you worded it but you're completely right!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As others have said, vaping can be irritating at first. But then if you haven't smoked cigarettes for awhile and just vaped, when you try to smoke a cigarette it will irritate your throat as well. So it's just getting used to it.

There are different nicotine levels, too. I get a really low one because the 5.0% and others choke me out.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I want to try 1 of those vape pens that have THC in them. Maybe when we roll around to where they are legal.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Vaping is awesome.. you used to have to wait for them to open their mouths, now you can tell who the douchebags are from 100 yards away..

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have no vaping advice. :sshrug:

I tried the patches, gum, Wellbutrin (Chantrix wasn't around then) and couldn't quit. On July 1, 2000, my aunt had a heart attack at age 50, and she was onlly 9 years older than I am. Thing1 was 9 and Thing2 was only 4. I quit smoking that day. It will be 20 years July 1st.

How I combatted the cravings: I went low carb, drinking black coffee and started exercising daily. I bought a bike and rode that every day when the kids went to school, I took aerobic classes, too. I also got a ton of toothpicks and I bought some cinnamon oil and made my own cinnamon toothpicks which I used alllllllllllll the time - and gave those up a year later.

mitzi

I have no vaping advice. :sshrug:

I tried the patches, gum, Wellbutrin (Chantrix wasn't around then) and couldn't quit. On July 1, 2000, my aunt had a heart attack at age 50, and she was onlly 9 years older than I am. Thing1 was 9 and Thing2 was only 4. I quit smoking that day. It will be 20 years July 1st.

How I combatted the cravings: I went low carb, drinking black coffee and started exercising daily. I bought a bike and rode that every day when the kids went to school, I took aerobic classes, too. I also got a ton of toothpicks and I bought some cinnamon oil and made my own cinnamon toothpicks which I used alllllllllllll the time - and gave those up a year later.

It passed, with help from part of a candy cane. You would think with my family's history, it would be easier for me. My Mom died in June 2000 from COPD.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It passed, with help from part of a candy cane. You would think with my family's history, it would be easier for me. My Mom died in June 2000 from COPD.

You can do it, mitzi. My mom died of Alzheimer’s (which is another subject), and forgot she smoked. She was, always, so worried about the smoking, and that it would kill her. Her cig of choice was Virginia Slims. Good luck on quitting. :)

mitzi

You can do it, mitzi. My mom died of Alzheimer’s (which is another subject), and forgot she smoked. She was, always, so worried about the smoking, and that it would kill her. Her cig of choice was Virginia Slims. Good luck on quitting. :)

Thanks