Who Wants To See A Snow Bowl?

B

Bruzilla

My son and I were talking about the Pittsburgh-Chicago game that was played in the snow, and how nice it would be to see a Super Bowl played up north with the snow coming down. I just saw that Paul Tagliabue was asked that same question, as in having a Super Bowl in Washington D.C., and his reply was "Unless you're a little naive as to how the weather is in this country, it does still get cold in the winter, so we have to be realistic," Tagliabue said. "We're not going to play the game all over the country. We will concentrate the northern city games in dome stadiums and there will still be a heavy array of games in southern climates."

I for one would like to see the Super Bowl played all over the country. I think that then it would be more for the fans rather than making things nice and comfy for a bunch of pampered celebrities and sports writers.

owensd

i think that the team with the best record should host the super bowl. but thats just my thoughts.

mrweb

Iron City
Bruzilla said:
My son and I were talking about the Pittsburgh-Chicago game that was played in the snow, and how nice it would be to see a Super Bowl played up north with the snow coming down. I just saw that Paul Tagliabue was asked that same question, as in having a Super Bowl in Washington D.C., and his reply was "Unless you're a little naive as to how the weather is in this country, it does still get cold in the winter, so we have to be realistic," Tagliabue said. "We're not going to play the game all over the country. We will concentrate the northern city games in dome stadiums and there will still be a heavy array of games in southern climates."

I for one would like to see the Super Bowl played all over the country. I think that then it would be more for the fans rather than making things nice and comfy for a bunch of pampered celebrities and sports writers.

Open stadium, real turf complete with mud in bad weather, North one year for the real down and dirty fans (yes I am a true, black and gold Steelers [and Bucks fan]) and the next year for the money pampered teams.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Seeings how...

...playoff games are played in P'burgh, Foxboro and Chi town, Buffalo, the Jersey teams and Philly, I see NO reason why the SB shouldn't be played out doors.

I propose that we go 'baseball' and alternate.

Pittsburgh won at home this year, so, next year the NFC Champ gets the game at their place.

All in favor?

See you at FedEx!

mrweb

Iron City
Larry Gude said:
...playoff games are played in P'burgh, Foxboro and Chi town, Buffalo, the Jersey teams and Philly, I see NO reason why the SB shouldn't be played out doors.

Pittsburgh won at home this year, so, next year the NFC Champ gets the game at their place.

All in favor?

See you at FedEx!

Skins vs. Steelers, I am there!

Nats vs. Pirates for the World Series....well, at least I have the Steelers.

B

Bruzilla

I got kinda peeved last year when the game was played here in Jacksonville and all these whiny-assed press people and celebrities were sniveling about the temp being too cold (mid-60s), or there weren't enough strip clubs, or there weren't enough fancy night clubs, or they were too far from the beach, etc. I thought the super bowl was supposed to be a game between the two best teams, not a resort party for a bunch of reporters and celebs.

I would love to see the NFL start treating the Super Bowl like a real game, and start playing wherever the best team is at, be it Green Bay, DC, or Miami; and if it's cold and rainy the media and the celebs can get wet and shiver or sell their tickets to a fan who'll actually watch the game rather than sip drinks in the courtesy lounge.

Larry Gude said:

All in favor?

See you at FedEx!

Maybe they're worried about the half time show?

B

Bruzilla

I still remember the good old days when the halftime shows were marching bands from the local area.