Who Watches Commercials Anymore?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Oops I meant to post a poll but didn't click the button. :ohwell: I was distracted over commercials. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
I watch them sometimes. If the subject is a thing I'm interested in, or it's just a funny/cool commercial, like the Farmers insurance ones.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Then you are missing out on commercials like this..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MH2GWd0vH-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I LOVE commercials. I laugh and deride the bad ones, convinced I could do a LOT better and applaud the really good, clever ones.

:buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
All my commericals are watched in fast forward with my dvr.

You know, depending on the DVR and remote, there are simple ways to do a full 30 second skip, blows through commercials like s^%t through a goose. Me, my Harmony remote has it built in, but it's an easy macro to add on most cable company supplied universal remotes for Motorola boxes.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
You know, depending on the DVR and remote, there are simple ways to do a full 30 second skip, blows through commercials like s^%t through a goose. Me, my Harmony remote has it built in, but it's an easy macro to add on most cable company supplied universal remotes for Motorola boxes.

Mine is a standard dvr from comcast, think mine might be able to do it?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
After reading this:
http://forums.somd.com/politics/257684-coulter-blasts-air-headed-actresses-new-pro-o.html

The first thought that popped into my head was "who actually watches commercials anymore?"

Thanks to things like TiVo, Hulu, NetFlix, etc. you can totally skip commercials. I think in the last year or so the only time I've actually watched a commercial was because the giant was distracted by his latest Woot tweet and didn't fast forward.

I mute the shows and only turn the sound on during commercials.

glhs837

Power with Control