Who..

T

toppick08

Believes in the Devil ?........just wondering,..:shrug:...advocates, fire away.

:jerry:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Not sure that I do, despite religious teachings. "Evil" as a concept is a little easier for me to grasp. Not sure if it can be "personified" like that -- thinking it's more "choices".

:waitingtobeattackedforthis:

T

toppick08

Not sure that I do, despite religious teachings. "Evil" as a concept is a little easier for me to grasp. Not sure if it can be "personified" like that -- thinking it's more "choices".

Get thee behind me Satan...:smack:
:love:

Zguy28

Satan is a sinner like everyone else. Just like how some people can become consumed and imprisoned by sin, so it is with Satan. He is consumed with envy, pride, and the destruction of all that God holds dear.

He is very real, but not the immediate cause of all "bad" things in the world. We do enough of that on our own.

Starman3000m

There is scriptural evidence in the Holy Bible about the existence of Lucifer/Satan/ Beelzebub/the Dragon/ the created angelic being who plotted a mutiny against God/ the one who goes about as a lion seeking to whom he may devour/ the one who blinds the eyes and minds of humans to prevent them from coming to the Truth of God/ the one who heads a minion of fallen angels who believed him rather than God/ the chief of liars and the one who is responsible for the deception and fall of mankind...
aka "the god of this world" or "The Devil" :burning:

Last edited:

Marie

I do, but people give him way to much credit, and overlook the wickdness of there own heart. Flip Wilson (Dated Refrence) Used to say "the Devil made me do it", in reality it was just the wickdness of his own heart.
Satan can tempt to you, but you would have to be serving God or really messing up his game plan reaching the lost in order to attract his level of attention.

Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work -to wake people up."

--Catherine Booth-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Satan is there in your life each and everyday. His Job - pun intended - is to test/challenge your Faith in God. Whether you give him that chance to tempt you away from your belief in Jesus the Christ or His Father or the Holy Spirit is up to you.

He is among us, as he acts as an attorney to test our Faith, as mentioned above. JMHO.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider

No "attack" needed here...
Read Matthew 4. "The Devil", not a "concept" but a real being came to tempt Jesus.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
No "attack" needed here...
Read Matthew 4. "The Devil", not a "concept" but a real being came to tempt Jesus.

Right after Jesus was baptized by John[The Baptist], He was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit according to the Bible text. There Jesus came in contact with Satan who tried to tempt Him three times, and He refused/swore Satan off on each occasion and Satan left Him, his mission unaccomplished.

However, do none of you recall where the Lord God made a "deal" with Satan where he was allowed to unmercifully punish and destroy Job's family, his home and fields, livelihood, his well being, in an attempt to sway Job from his belief in His Lord?

Job held his faith, eventually being restored all that he had lost; it wasn't easy because he could not accept what was happening to him, how it could be allowed to a man of his faith and beliefs - in His Lord God. He cried and wept, darn near losing his faith, but he prevailed in the end.

Do you think Satan has given it up?

Starman3000m

Right after Jesus was baptized by John[The Baptist], He was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit according to the Bible text. There Jesus came in contact with Satan who tried to tempt Him three times, and He refused/swore Satan off on each occasion and Satan left Him, his mission unaccomplished.

However, do none of you recall where the Lord God made a "deal" with Satan where he was allowed to unmercifully punish and destroy Job's family, his home and fields, livelihood, his well being, in an attempt to sway Job from his belief in His Lord?

Job held his faith, eventually being restored all that he had lost; it wasn't easy because he could not accept what was happening to him, how it could be allowed to a man of his faith and beliefs - in His Lord God. He cried and wept, darn near losing his faith, but he prevailed in the end.

Do you think Satan has given it up?

Exactly right Penn! It is still a spritual battle here on earth.

Satan is the enemy of God but God is Greater and our strength comes from the Lord. Satan battles God for the souls of people! It is only through trusting in Christ's victory that we are able to receive and have spiritual victory in our life:

From Ephesians, Chapter 6 - verses:

10: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11: Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15: And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16: Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1 John, Chapter 4 - verses:

1: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2: Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4: Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

God's Children have the power to overcome :
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you... (James 4:7-8)

I believe that there is a hell and that it is full of electronic marquee signs and Lance is at the controls of all of them.

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..

He doesn't drink nearly as much as I figured he would, he burps smoked oysters in your face when he talks to you though... He's pretty lame at a party too, all "bow down" this and "suck these" that.... I recommend not having this dude around... totally over rated.

TurboK9

He doesn't drink nearly as much as I figured he would, he burps smoked oysters in your face when he talks to you though... He's pretty lame at a party too, all "bow down" this and "suck these" that.... I recommend not having this dude around... totally over rated.

Thy devil is Larry Gude?

:lmao:

GUDE FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!

Last edited: