Whooa Just heard about a new site!

K

Kain99

Anyone heard about the notify D.C. web site where you can sign up to have your cell phone ring if D.C. is hit by terrorists?

If so please provide the link... Too cool!

Elle

Happy Camper!
They have been showing commericals on tv for like a month now. I'm still waiting for the St. Mary's County Code Red thing to be effective.

D

dems4me

Kain99 said:
Anyone heard about the notify D.C. web site where you can sign up to have your cell phone ring if D.C. is hit by terrorists?

I can call you... or post it here :lol:

There is one where there's an alert I think it's dc.gov.alert.org or something like that... I can find that one if you like but they only send emails if DC is under a threat.

BTW, do you know something we don't? :ohwell:

D

dems4me

Elle said:
They have been showing commericals on tv for like a month now. I'm still waiting for the St. Mary's County Code Red thing to be effective.

Why would y'all be under code Red? Is something going on down there :shrug:

dustin

UAIOE
dems4me said:
Why would y'all be under code Red? Is something going on down there :shrug:
'

if the base got hit i guess :shrug:

or fallout from the powerplant in calvert :shrug:

K

Kain99

dems4me said:
I can call you... or post it here :lol:

There is one where there's an alert I think it's dc.gov.alert.org or something like that... I can find that one if you like but they only send emails if DC is under a threat.

BTW, do you know something we don't? :ohwell:
Call me later I'll send ya a PM

D

dems4me

dems4me said:
Why would I call only for you to send it in a PM... :shrug:

Well Kain - I did it a little backwards - hope you don't mind, I pmd and will call tonight. :dance:

Bonehead

Fallout from the plant in Calvert. Not a chance folks. We have mucho mucho extra security. Ain't gonna happen here. Fallout is a term used to describe the footprint from the debris field of a nuclear explosion. Our fuel is not in the correct configuration to go boom, never could be by design.

K

Kain99

Bonehead said:
Fallout from the plant in Calvert. Not a chance folks. We have mucho mucho extra security. Ain't gonna happen here. Fallout is a term used to describe the footprint from the debris field of a nuclear explosion. Our fuel is not in the correct configuration to go boom, never could be by design.
Really? So we are safe here in Lusby. Whew! Ever since I took this new job I've just been waiting to be irradiated.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bonehead said:
Actually fallout applies to any particulate matter, nuclear, volcanic ash, dust, fluid droplets, etc.

A nuke plant does not have to go high order to have fallout. Radioactive steam released would be fallout when the steam condensed to water droplets. Also any particulate matter released, say due to an accidental coolant failure that caused a meltdown like Three Mile Island would also be fallout.

I'm not picking an argument nor am I saying anything about the Calvert plant is unsafe. I'm just clarifying the term fallout.

D

dems4me

Elle said:

But wouldn't y'all have to be a code orange first :shrug:

Kain99 said:

Would being on this list be of any good though since all phone lines and digital circuits are flooded and thereby useless in a crisis...:confused:

Elle

Happy Camper!
kwillia said:
Would being on this list be of any good though since all phone lines and digital circuits are flooded and thereby useless in a crisis...:confused:
St. Mary's County just spent $$$$ on it so it must be worth it:rolleyes:

K

Kain99

kwillia said:
Very good point! Dayum I forgot all about that.

D

dems4me

Kain99 said:

I don't know about y'all but the last time we were attacked... in DC we had internet access and email just fine and if you called enough times on a "land line" there wasn't much problems getting through. Cellphones however were a nightmare. :ohwell: Hope that helps some.

Kain99 said:
And we can't come here for the latest news cause I remember not being able to access the internet because of the server overloads...:yikes:

and Kain.... DON'T GO LOOK AT DRUDGEREPORT.COM right now...:shocking: